Anyone deadbaiting today???

darrell.cook

I spent the day on a local lake that I've been assured is a good pike fishery. Good by way of producing plenty of fish - although perhaps not too big. It's called Peewit in Winchester if anyone knows it. First time I've fished it.

Anyway, have to say that I didn't fair too well - one fish which I lost at the net :( .

Question I'd like to ask given that we had rain last night ( drop in presssure ? )coupled with a rise in temperature, should this have been a reasonable day ?

That you lost the fish at the net does you great credit. There are those who would leave the bait to be gorged rather than risk loosing a fish. No, it wasn't an easy day. Up on the coast we had a flood tide so it was pretty much a no-no.

[ 28. December 2004, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Tried my luck on the Itchen today ( Wednesday ) no pike action at all.So legered some flake for chub, result two nice carp, one a low double and a 4lb chub.

Considering the current weather pattern, when do you think the deadbaiting should be at it's best ??

Hi ya Darrell, Peewit use to hold some very big pike years ago as to whats in there now would be a guess m8.

As for the Ithcen, we fished it on the 28th,(free stretch) too much over night rain, we didnt do that well at all.

As for the pike 2 weeks ago we fished the Shallows on the Itchen on the EADAC stretch and my fishing buddy pulled a nice 17.5 lbder out, a foot from the bank! so they are in there m8.

Regards Clint

Hi Clint, thanks for the info. I'm an EADAC member myself so if you ever see me about give me a shout. I don't often fish the EADAC stretch - I'm a member of the Railway club as well and tend to fish their stretches - especially in the winter ( it's fly only in the summer - mostly ) however if there's pike that big in there I'll have to make the effort !!

Anyway had some more carp this morning, first was a mirror, and possibly the worst condition carp I've seen. All the fins were ragged including the tail. Complete contrast to the two I had last week, which were absolutely perfect commons. It got better though, next fish was a PB, a mirror that weighed 22lb 12 oz !!

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/files/IMG_1319[1]

For me this is my biggest fish ever, made all the better by coming from the river !!

30 minutes later a PB Itchen chub - 5lb exactly. What a day!!