Licences For France

Elton

Does anyone have the relevant info that anglers travelling to France would need with regards to permits/licences?

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

Does anyone have the relevant info that anglers travelling to France would need with regards to permits/licences?

Cheers,

Elton

We went to Lac Du Dare (spelling). All the licences were sold to us by the tackle shop. What they did not tell us that the 77km shore line was FULL of anglers, we found this out the hard way by driving all round the lake. We then drove home again without getting a line wet.

We should have done as I suggested, 2 stay at the shop and 2 find a fishing place, THEN phone the guys at the shop and tell them to buy the licences.

The stories of smashed up cars, stolen wheels etc were horrendous.

If you offered me 200 quid a day to test boilies for you in France, I would have to decline.

And the best of luck to you.

Alan(nl)

ps make sure you know and understand ALL the rules and restrictions before you fish or you could lose your tackle.

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

evening elton

slayer here be very carefull the night rules in france are stupid four of my mates crossed the channel.new hand made, rods big pits,big ambitions.you know the score.cut a long story short.because they where fishing a stretcth that was a pittiful few yards within a no night stretch .the del-garde took all their tackle...

be safe look very deep...tight lines slayer... :(

Elton,

France is divided into regions all of which have their own licences, so you may need to buy another if moving locations. Night fishing is dodgy but it's an anglers resonsibility to find out if it's allowed. In some places (like Orient for example) night fishing sections are marked out - all other areas are no night fishing.

Another thing is that licences can be purchased in most cafes/bars. In some areas multiple licences are required; I needed a fishing licence, a night fishing licence and a boat licence and of course there are annual and weekly licences so an understanding of French is a deffinate bonus.

HTH,

Rob.

HOPPY4:
Originally posted by HOPPY4:

[QB]Elton,

For once I can pass on info to you. The licences may be purchased from any Local tackle shop and they should also provide the current rules. Night fishing may be done on most fishing areas until 1 hour after dark legaly. Yes this is true and the rule for live baiting are to be adheired to very strictly. You should also know that the Guard Depasch will confescate all your gear and lay on a Stiff fine for breaking these rules. A 2 Week permit may be purchased for €30.00 that will allow to fish with up to 4 rods if you wish. On private venues, these rule are set by the owner. You will need to have the licence, but the other restrictions will apply. The security issue is something else and I have not been effected by it. Each time we have been down, we have stayed on a Camping area and the security has been GREAT. Additionally, we would take the boat to a landing and park it there without problems when we returned. As a add-on to the info that I stated earlier, the region that I have been fishing is the Burgundy area and we were fishing from Macon to Tournus on the Saone River. I have not fished in other area and would suggest that a check into the rules that would apply. Pick your place and Enjoy the FISHING.

:)

HOPPY

Elton,

For once I can pass on info to you. The licences may be purchased from any Local tackle shop and they should also provide the current rules. Night fishing may be done on most fishing areas until 1 hour after dark legaly. Yes this is true and the rule for live baiting are to be adheired to very strictly. You should also know that the Guard Depasch will confescate all your gear and lay on a Stiff fine for breaking these rules. A 2 Week permit may be purchased for €30.00 that will allow to fish with up to 4 rods if you wish. On private venues, these rule are set by the owner. You will need to have the licence, but the other restrictions will apply. The security issue is something else and I have not been effected by it. Each time we have been down, we have stayed on a Camping area and the security has been GREAT. Additionally, we would take the boat to a landing and park it there without problems when we returned. As a add-on to the info that I stated earlier, the region that I have been fishing is the Burgundy area and we were fishing from Macon to Tournus on the Saone River. I have not fished in other area and would suggest that a check into the rules that would apply. Pick your place and Enjoy the FISHING.

:)

HOPPY