X-Pod V's Quattro pod

stevie

Im looking to buy a new pod and these two have caught my eye.

Can some one please help me, thses two fox pods look the same, but why is the quattro pod more exspencive than the x pod.

What is the diffrence?

What ones Better?

Thanks stevie :):D:)

i've got an x pod and i dont think its very good, its not very stable on rough ground because the legs arent individually adjustable (i think the x pod plus solves this though) and its quite bulky to carry. if you really want one though, mine may be for sale!!!

I only see the use for pods being when on hard ground like a fishing podium or concrete.

In every other situation you can use banksticks.

I almost always use single banksticks.

I had the pod for when fishing on pallets and the like at a few not so well run fisheries.

You cant use pods for snag fishing [without using bungee cords to hold them down] and you cant point the rods at the target or fan your rods out etc etc with a pod.

If you're using pods on fishing stands and on concretre...the ground is flat. Who needs adjustable legs?

IF you're on grass, mud, clay, hardcore...use banksticks!

The quattro pod and xpod plus and xpod are ripoffs.

I only ever got mine because i got a good 2nd hand deal.

i'll second woodzzzzzz advice, if you really want a pod, get a cheap one, i paid a lot for my x pod so i feel like i have to use it whenever i carp fish (which isnt often these days) when sometimes, a couple of bank sticks would do the job and weigh a lot less. the x pod is however quite good for snag fishing, if you use those butt grips that hold the rod firmly and push the legs into the ground (if you can, obviously if you're on concrete etc it wont work, but then who wants to fishg from a concrete peg!) (no offence intended to anyone who has to fish from a concrete peg intended by the way)

And don't forget your mallet (you don't need one with a pod) :D

I use two pods which have four adjustable legs each, and each of these legs can be used on their own or as a pair thus giving me every option.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic