Pod or Sticks????

Polly

Ok Jim, comments taken on board but... Do you take a pod with you to a lake you have never visited before? AND your sticks? With this in mind, you may see fish crashing or feeding on the far bank where you cannot get your faithful sticks in the bloomin ground because its a concrete bank or a hardcore swim that the owner decided to put there to tidy it up ( O Yes theres lakes and ponds like that) or is it that you have decided that you wont fish the lakes or pond that may possibly have to use a pod because you are a beloved bank stick man by principle or belief? My personal oppinion and I really do think its a personal issue is to be armed with both, bank sticks and a pod. At least you have the best of both worlds. I would perish the thought of for instance a possible pb crashing out or feeding on an area where I could not get the sticks in! say the far bank! made of concrete or hardcore if I had no pod Ok you may leave your rods on the bank with no setup at all just laying on the ground if you thought that would catch you a pb but... not me I like to be armed with every tool poss and I say have pod will travel (again each to their own) Jim your a legend sorry to differ from your comments but... :confused:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to labour the point, but I DO own a pod and, where I have no choice, I'll use it. My preference for banksticks is not based on some esoteric point of principle, but simply because I find them more versatile and adaptable - more stable and secure, too.

But as I said, I cannot recall the last time I used a pod for freshwater fishing (I specified "freshwater" BECAUSE

....sorry, pressed the wrong key and got cut off in my prime! To continue: I specified "freshwater" because a pod and/or a wide-angle tripod-type set-up is standard for my pier and concrete sea-wall fishing for mullet.

Clearly, then, I'm not anti-pods for the sake of it. Put simply, I don't much like them, and only use them when I'm left with no other choice.