alarm advice

JoninItaly

Jon,

Any of the fox alarms are worth looking at and you can get ones with the same functions (or lack of) as the Steve Neville (or now Nash ?) alarms for about a quarter of the price. My local tackle shop sells loads of the m's, mx's etc and they get almost no returns.

Rob.

I've already mentioned several times before on the Forum that I use Good Fishing alarms, which are ultra reliable and British made. They also have a 1st class reputation for spares and repairs although I gather this service is very rarely required.

The model I use is the mid-range GFs which is almost identical to the Fox MX but uses a standard 9 volt battery. The spec is as follows:

Variable volume, variable tone, low or very high (3mm of line movement) sensitivity

Very bright latching blue LED, 2 extension sockets. Uses standard 9 volt battery. Price is a very competitive £29.50.

I've also used the GFv which has variable volume, variable tone, latching red LED, one extension socket. Again, uses a standard 9 volt battery. Price £19.90.

The reason I upgraded to the GFs was that I wanted the option of the high sensitivity, which is especially useful in a number of situations including when not using bolt rigs. It's almost identical in spec to the Fox MX model which I've also used, but the high setting on the Fox is not so sensitive.

If you'd like me to get you some I'd be happy to do so as Good Fishing are just down the road from me.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

hi carpaholic slayer here ive had my mmxs for 18 months rain,wind frost snow you name it these alarms.are the dogs dangleys.did iforget to men :P tion you get 2 years parts and labour for free!!!!!.did someone mention free..tight lines slayer...