Corn Flavoured boilie

Newt

Does anybody do a good one?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Good idea but corn meal is ground from maize and lacks the natural sugars found in the sort of tinned corn that carp seem to think so highly of.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt

Try liquidising a few tins of your usual yellow fellows and reduce the amount of egg's used in your base mix This stuff is a great binding agent and i have used it many a time as a binder for the method Not letting too much slip. :D:D You can also get it ready done in a few different flavours from Pescaviva. :)

Thanx dazler. Have to give that a try.

why use a corn flavoured boilie when Corn will do the job just as good ? :confused:

it suprises me these bait companies come out with Sweetcorn flavoured boilies and luncheon meat flavoured boilies! WHY?? when the original stuff is just as effective ! might sound like a gripe but as they say the baits are there to catch the anglers, personally i wouldnt use a luncheon meat flavour boilie, prefer to bag up a few small cubes and free line it in the margins :D but again it comes down to personal preference and the sort of swim your fishing i suppose!

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Chesh - corn does work fine in many situations but with a boilie I am lots more confident that I still have a bait on my rig after a while in the water with no takes. One species I target has a habit of playing with a bait for up to an hour before actually taking the bait and sweet corn is just way too soft. Maize is lots firmer but doesn't seem to offer nearly the attraction of corn.

I do usually opt for 'real' baits when fishing close as you do in the margins and where I plan to re-bait if there is no action in a short period.