help required urgently please

gaza

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi budgie, that is fair comment mate, but tell me this if you know it does further, or any stress to the fish. once they have sufferd from stress out of the water. then why do you do it. not having a go at you just the technique that is used.

you have to be honest here and say that "if" this does cause furher stress it should be stopped. you see there is no explenation as to why they calm down. i personaly think that there is some disorentation caused when they are turned upside down for one or 10 seconds therefore this method should not be used unless you can give not just me but all the younger lads a real good reason as to why we should. but only if you can give all of us a good reason that it does not do any further damage.

maybe even brain damage be it slight or long term. you see i am looking for answers not arguments here budgie for every anglers sake you know there may be some people be it young or old who will lokk at your post and continue to cary on doing this without any knowledge at all or any explenation as to what will happen to the carp.

the comments that have been clearlt made on this issue is that anglers have held these fish upside down for a good few seconds and upside down is upside down not nearly or maybe i will have to say this mate that rocking the carp with all those intestines is a new way that i have heard of and i am sorry mate but rocking them wont do them any good at all. of course it may calm they down but it just aint natural to them. imagine some big fat geezer grabbing you and rocking you upside down.it just dont feel good mate even to humans who can swing from a trapeze. you cannot stay like that for long. i will pass this on to other anglers i will condone this method as no good. untill i get more information i know you said that you have used this method for over 20yrs but i will ask you this not do you think but do you actualy know that there is no damgae done to the fishes either nervous system or any of there vital organs i only need to know 100% proof on your answer. as like i said i have to pass this what has become a very topical subject on to other anglers

many thanks

gary sheridan :)

budgie thanks for helping with my questions

fishing guide for catfish and carp

BUDGIE,

How are you???? Petra and I just returned this afternoon from the Saone. You read it right Petra went with me and actually went out on the water. To top it all off, we were able to catch a 60lb. Catfish that was over 1m 75cm long. When you have a chance, give me a BUZZ. :)

HOPPY

James! Good to hear you are ok,Schelly told me of your sucsess.Will contact you soon as.

Gazza good too see people are still concerned about there carp also good to see open minds.

"i personaly think that there is some disorentation caused when they are turned upside down for one or 10 seconds therefore this method should not be used unless you can give not just me but all the younger lads a real good reason as to why we should. but only if you can give all of us a good reason that it does not do any further damage."

The main reason in fact the only reason for using this technique is too keep the fish still and avoid it being dropped.As I have NEVER seen any thing that would lead me to believe it is harmfull I have no problem with using it or reccomending it.Have you ever seen or heard of any problems? I have however seen (sadly) many carp damaged or killed by being dropped.(even if a good mat is used) Lesser of the Two evils? Dont even think that really.Theorising is fine but at the end of the day the hard facts of reality are the ones I always opt for.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

hi budgie cheers for the speedy reply mate i can see your theory on this and as of yet i have to admit that most if not all of these ideas. i cannot call them facts, that are coming forward. have to be said that nobody has ever seen any damage to carp but i will say this to carps structure is a bit like the man who has been on the moon for a year his bone and muscle structure are weakend to suit his envoiroment they go limp as they are not needed as the gravity is less...now carps envoioment is very similar to that they have adopted there structure to stay in water. now once out of the water they try to use muscles to flap, that do not get used that often under water expect when breeding in the shallows its a bit like rowing and cycling different muscles are used for different things now a carps stomach or intestines are not...now i say this with no scientific eveidence of my own they are not designed to be turned upside down as the intestines are attched at the top of the rib cage now can you imagine what you would feel like being rocked back and foward in an upside down position and being in an evoiroment that has more gravitational pull on you.if you are hung from your feet the blood rushes to your head now if your organs were not attched to you in the way they are now then what do you think would happen. :):) bear with me on this budgie we could be getting some good answers from each other. thinking along these lines might be the right way like i will say again mate i aint no scientist :D but there are times like this i wish i was :):) oh some nice cats last week to 124lbs now i aint rocking them to sleep :D

good on ya mate for replying

fishing guide for catfish and carp