Fly fishing - Durham

Dan G

Hi all - just wondered whether anyone could give me any tips for a stillwater or river day ticket 10-15 mins from Durham centre that are worth trying. Still water preferable as i'd probably just grab a couple of hours if possible. Thanks, Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all - just wondered whether anyone could give me any tips for a stillwater or river day ticket 10-15 mins from Durham centre that are worth trying. Still water preferable as i'd probably just grab a couple of hours if possible. Thanks, Dan

Any ideas much appreciated - I will travel further if neccessary?

Thanks, Dan

Not sure how far this one is from your house but i would recommend it.

West House Trout Lakes

Bishopton, Co. Durham TS21 1LL Durham

DESCRIPTION

West House Trout lakes consist of four very well stocked clear water spring fed lakes set in tranquil surroundings. Stocked with Rainbow and Blue trout. Appoximate size 8 acres.

FISH

Stocked with fish between 2 and 14lb

TACTICS

Single fly only

TICKETS

4hr sporting £8, full day sporting £13, 4hr + 1 fish £11, full day + 3 fish £18, full day + 4 fish £22, evening sporting (4pm onwards) £8

CONTACT

David 07836 330157

RULES

Barbless hooks only, No wading.

DAY TICKET

Available for this water

SEASON

This water is open all year

hi, about 10 miles from you, you could try the free stretches of the river tees on the ouskirts of darlington, the fish arent massive but you wont struggle to get brown trout, grayling or dace and later on in the year theres some big salmon and sea trout, most of the river can be waded into not much past knee deep, hopefully this helps you, thanks.