Places to fish near Kirky in Ashfield

TrevBoy

Am working in KIA for a few weeks, though I travel from Nottingham. Can someone recommend a smallish river or picturesque pond in the area (or between there and Nottingham) so I can get a couple of hours in on the way home at night? Thanks

Looking at the map, the place I can think of between Nottingham and Kirkby is Bestwood ponds (Nottingham Anglers Association / no day tickets) on the road between Papplewick and Bestwood village. If you go a few miles east is 'L lake' at Rainworth, very picturesque / day ticket.

Have a look here:

http://pic5.piczo.com/AshfieldAngling/?g=16326855&cr=5

Only about 2 miles from KIA,it's right next to the A38 and within easy reach of the A60 if you go to Notts that way.Also you can take the A611 back through KIA too Hucknall.If you have a Sat-Nav or Google Earth, NG17 4LS

Hope this helps.

IF IT'S CALLED "COMMON SENSE" WHY DO SO FEW PEOPLE HAVE IT.

• 2 weeks later...