New guy saying Hi

:D To most of the articles i have read on this site so far, you guys seem really pro in your fishing and im happy to see that im not the only person who is concerned about the welfare of our fish. 1 guy even had an article about safely returning mackrel and now im a better fisherman for it.

My name is Paul and i come from England, but i now live in Århus, Denmark. Im 23 and i have fished for a few years now but never joined a forum (until now.)

I love spinning or Blinking as is called here in DK and Sea fishing is my game, i live a little 10 minute walk away from Århus harbour where so far this year a few 6KG cod have been taken with spinners, big flatfish such as scrub and plaice on worms, Mackrel and herring taken on feathers and the tip of the iceberg Garfish and Seatrout taken with a fly or spinner only wading 2 metres or so in, if your up early enough seatrout can jump behind u as your fishing :D

So as much as they jump im still struggling to land my first Seatrout ive had 2 on and they taken off out the wet stuff and spat out my lure X( I dnt know what im doing wrong?? am i snapping at the rod to quick for them? shall i just let them hook themselves?

Does anybody have any Seatrout secrets they wanna share with me? i getting hungry from them now and would prefer to taste my 1st one after catching it myself like i do with most fish.

Thanks and keep up the good posting guys!

"A fish that will bite will fight! But the best fish are those that take flight!" ;D

:D To most of the articles i have read on this site so far, you guys seem really pro in your fishing and im happy to see that im not the only person who is concerned about the welfare of our fish. 1 guy even had an article about safely returning mackrel and now im a better fisherman for it.

My name is Paul and i come from England, but i now live in Århus, Denmark. Im 23 and i have fished for a few years now but never joined a forum (until now.)

I love spinning or Blinking as is called here in DK and Sea fishing is my game, i live a little 10 minute walk away from Århus harbour where so far this year a few 6KG cod have been taken with spinners, big flatfish such as scrub and plaice on worms, Mackrel and herring taken on feathers and the tip of the iceberg Garfish and Seatrout taken with a fly or spinner only wading 2 metres or so in, if your up early enough seatrout can jump behind u as your fishing :D

So as much as they jump im still struggling to land my first Seatrout ive had 2 on and they taken off out the wet stuff and spat out my lure X( I dnt know what im doing wrong?? am i snapping at the rod to quick for them? shall i just let them hook themselves?

Does anybody have any Seatrout secrets they wanna share with me? i getting hungry from them now and would prefer to taste my 1st one after catching it myself like i do with most fish.

Thanks and keep up the good posting guys!

Hi Paul..Welcome to AN mate...hope you have fun here..:)

I sometimes fish for Seatrout off the boat with a spinning rod, and use the belly strip of a Mackeral, maybe about 3 inches ( 8cm) long and 1/2inch wide, (1 cm), hook it just once at the tip, cast out, towards the shore line, and retrieve it quite quickly so its "skittering" across the waters surface...I've had a fair few this way.....I was shown this by a guy who is fairly successful in catching them..:):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Thanks Norrie, i dnt have a boat but i will use the strip of mackrel, pretty useful time to find this out as mackrel season has just started here.

have you taken anything big recently? where do you fish?

"A fish that will bite will fight! But the best fish are those that take flight!" ;D

You might want to try using a spoon in much the same fashion. I'd suggest changing the hook to a circle pattern though.

With the circle, don't strike but just keep winding.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Both very usefull tips guys, Trebles on the end of my Sea Trout lure bent to be more circular and im away for some fresh Mackrel early morning tomorow.

Hope fully i can have a full net of Sea Trout thursday morning......

Oddly enough, the key to a circle hook isn't actually how circular the hook itself is but has to do with the shape of the point. It is sharply curved and designed to make a good lip hook without striking.

inline_circle_grid.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yeah the hooks automatically did that went i rounded them, That also motivated my to make the lures i use for cod, barbless.

So Morning weather here in Århus hasnt been to good, been getting the back end of the storms that hit Germany, so i still have not been, Used the mackrel up on some Cod tho and ive captured 14 decent cod in 2 nights using bait and spinners, 12 were released so i can catch them when there bigger next week.

Will keep you guys in the loop with the ever going on hunt for my first Sea Trout (Havørred)

post-17050-1243597378_thumb.jpg

Thanks Pete, ive been made very welcome so far.

So today the weather was much better for fishing and i was up and out by 3:30Am, I arrived at my local beach just north of Ris skov, Århus after a 30 minute walk, Wow what a nice morning it was. Pics to follow..

So waders on, lure selected however no Mackrel as the Cod had ate it all, just me and my newly rounded hooks. 10 Metres good wading got my into a nice comfortable position. Just before the sun came up. :D

So 5 minutes in i take a little heavy feeling but nothing that could remotely be a Seat Trout, It was a small Plaice (Rødspatte.) This gave me the reasurance i needed that there was bigger fish here. feeling confident i relax and prepare, withing 30 minutes BANG!!! it was on, but i couldnt tell how well it was on, id casted around 50 yards ahead of me with a 16G spinner and this fish was tugging back with some venom, I really did not think this fish was prepared to be brought in as it was aggresive right from the start, holding my nerve i give it its play space and then slowly started to bring it in, Then it all went to easy and i thought id lost the 3rd outa 3. all of a sudden bang its still on but as i look up, Ther is a small white tube like flickering above sea level, WOW what a sight! the highest ive ever seen a Sea Trout jump yet by far, and in the split second i had to watch this fish take airbourne i was Truely impressed by its ability to leave the air but i also had enough time to swear Knowing fine well this is how i lost the other illusive two. Needless to say the hook came out, I was more gutted this time then ever, But i felt truely graced to be in the location i was in and watching it jump like it did. Impressed? no im amazed at this fish' ability to "fly", the fish must have been at least 3ft in the air, Thats pretty much over my head when im in the water with my waders on.

This mornings experience has only made me more determined to catch that illusive Sea Trout! Thank god its a bank holiday weekend here :D Hopefully il get a picture of a Danish Sea Trout by at least Tuesday guys.

"Still hunting, always hunting" - Paul

post-17050-1243700847_thumb.jpg

post-17050-1243700871_thumb.jpg