need help for river fishing

edd

look for links on the net mate,theres alot of diffrent fish to go for do you have any info on the water or stretcth you are fishing?

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

edd - someone would almost have to be familiar with that stretch of river and the current conditions.

River with very little flow is pretty much like a long, skinny lake. Add in some serious current and you are looking at a drastic change in your rigs and tactics.

But we have enough river anglers on here that surely someone will look in who can give you specifics.

I would but my rivers are just too different in terms of size, flow, fish, and the amount of great stuff to fish in and around that you guys clean out and throw away.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hhhmmm i'd be tempted to go for barbel.try using meat/boilies fished over a bed of hemp/small halibut pellets(6mm),or you could try trotting a stick float and put a nice mixed bag togather,the choice is yours mate,lookaround the websites for tatics as it wil take forever to explain.ask people you see fishing,one to look at is http://www.fishingmagic.com and on anglers net youll probably find a few articles on barbel and stick floats.one small word of warning tho if you fish for the barbel,make sure they go back ok,they tend to fight very hard and knacker themselves,release the fish with head pointing upstream one hand holding the wrist of the tail one under the belly,hold the fish untill it gives a good strong kick,it should then be able to support its self and swim off strongly.this process can take 5 mins or half an hour never let them go until you re sure they have recovered.

AKA RATTY

Edd

In two weeks time eh, I will probably see you as I fish this stretch alot and a few others nearby. Anyway if its barbel you want, fish the first 5 pegs on the feeder( the water here is fast) or the mid 40's to the features or the 80's in the slack. Baits you can keep simple like meat, maggot, caster, halibut pellet, corn. Boilies are worth a try but I don't find no need for them. If its mixed bags you wont fish the stick or waggler and feed little but often. I would fish the middle part for this as the flow is more suitable for this around peg 60-100. Anything else please don't hesitate to ask and if you let me know when you are there I will look out for you

All the best

Seph

Paul

Just to confuse you,

I would always go first with a stick float and just see what I could prise onto the hook by using the current. My must have bait would be worm, cut at both ends.

Be prepared to look for a good swim, float the bait through the swim at different depths. Once you find the fish then try different techniques.

Oh yeah... dont underestimate the pulling power of a chunk of weed!

Have fun

"Muddlin' along"

yes have fun ,river fishing is the one,i prefer rivers to lakes,no probs with that barbel info.fish welfare is a priority.anyway lets all know how ya go,n good luck n tight lines!

AKA RATTY