Mullet

DavidWliilamson

Hiya,

seems to be gremlins at work, posted a reply just after you post Leon and it was there then gone then back and now gone :(

Anyway I've no been away from the proper fishing ;)

As for the record, it's been well smashed on quite a few occasions just no one has claimed it and it Will be the same if either of us is that lucky.

We are out tomorrow after Scottish Golden Greys, so fingers crossed that will be another species ticked off the lifetime list :)

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hiya,

We headed over to the East Coast to a certain hot water outlet yesterday. The bass baggers were out in force but not many were catching and one group were actually putting them back thumbs.gif

Had a quick chat with a guy fishing for mullet who informed me that you had to free line for them as they cant be caught using floats so I set up the float gear and got a small Thicklip on the first cast and followed it up with almost a fish a chuck while standing beside him roll1.gif

Tally for the day:

13 thicklips to just under 3lb, 4 Golden Grey's (New species punk.gif), 5 Basslets and two Blennies

Davy

.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbs.gif[/img]

Had a quick chat with a guy fishing for mullet who informed me that you had to free line for them as they cant be caught using floats so I set up the float gear and got a small Thicklip on the first cast and followed it up with almost a fish a chuck while standing beside him roll1.gif

PMSL ... way to go Davy :lol::lol::lol:

and gratz on the new species to add to your list :D

phil

PMSL ... way to go Davy :lol::lol::lol:

Yer I felt rather smug after the 3rd fish and he still aint had a touch :lol:

and gratz on the new species to add to your list :D

phil

It was one of my target species for this year but I though it would have been my Irish trip in August before I would have had a chance at one, but getting it in Scotland just made it that bit more special :)

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

Davy

You got to make it harder than that come, down the Medway with us and you will be on a fish a month, not a chuck, only then will you apprecioate the true zen of Mullet fishing, Grasshopper :)

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.