advice from newt?

zedhead

quote:

The Germans went down that road so now if you fish in Germany (not that I have the slightest wish to) you MUST retain your fish - courtesy of the Green Party influence I believe.

That's an over simplification, but fundementally you're right a lot of Germans do fish for the pot. However, what you've failed to point out is that the the influence of the Green party also means that the German environment is protected a lot more effectively than ours.

Their view of conservation it is based around protecting the habitats in order to allow a healthy population of wild fish to survive. Converting every available hole in the ground into a rainbow trout or carp fishery would not be tolerated on environmental grounds, although commercials are starting to appear.

German angling tradition, and their culture of eating fresh water fish, means that anglers expect to be able to take fish home. But this also means that angling is an activity that is very strictly regulated in order to allow *controlled* harvesting fish by properly licenced anglers. Like most Eurpoean countries, you are very likely to have you licence and catch inspected if you fish in Germany, and you are in serious trouble if you've breached any regulations.

The pike fishing available in many regions of Germany is very good. Where do most of the authenticated 50 lb plus pike come from - Germany.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic