Otter Park Proposal A Serious Threat To Fisheries In Cheshire

:huh:

Beat me to it! :D

Naturists might know a lot about standing around naked but my guess is that generally they know no more about ecology or otters than you seem to Simondo.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Naturists might know a lot about standing around naked but my guess is that generally they know no more about ecology or otters than you seem to Simondo.

Oh, I dunno - otters have a very nasty bite, one of them had two of Terry Nutkins' fingers off. if I were planning to spend time exposing my tackle in otter country I'd want to be aware of them!

:lol:

Over 1000 signaturies both online and locally.

We have had so much support from naturists locally who know what they are talking about and the wider angling fraternity

I would like to thank all who are in support of our stance

Cheers

Simon

A real tragedy. If there are a thousand signatures then I doubt there are any from qualified or professional 'naturalists'. Also, how many of the signatories are local to the area?

Presenting a petition with angler's names on requesting that riverside habitat improvement works should not be carried out just makes anglers look like selfish w@nkers. I suppose if they read and believed the head bailiff's biased and wholly inaccurate reasoning (!?) then that may be why.

It's ok for the fishing club to change habitat and stock fish but not ok for natural river habitat to be enhanced for wildlife already present. How narrow-minded and selfish!

Filthy lucre eh!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

A real tragedy. If there are a thousand signatures then I doubt there are any from qualified or professional 'naturalists'. Also, how many of the signatories are local to the area?

Presenting a petition with angler's names on requesting that riverside habitat improvement works should not be carried out just makes anglers look like selfish w@nkers. I suppose if they read and believed the head bailiff's biased and wholly inaccurate reasoning (!?) then that may be why.

It's ok for the fishing club to change habitat and stock fish but not ok for natural river habitat to be enhanced for wildlife already present. How narrow-minded and selfish!

Filthy lucre eh!

Here's one qualified professional Ecologist and Angler for over 45 years, who won't sign it for the reasons you've stated Wroms!

phil h.

Here's one qualified professional Ecologist and Angler for over 45 years, who won't sign it for the reasons you've stated Wroms!

Nice to meet another!