Jupiter thro' cloud cover

Little Tinca

Little Tinca:

Alan

My brother-in-law has promised to take me to that observatory the next time I go up and stay at Manchester says it's great. I have a view of Jupiter and three moons I will cut down the file size and see if I can post it (the moons are very small and might not show up on a low res picture). I also have some new lunar pix will see how they have turned out.

The LAS have a 30" newtonian they built themselves - including the gringing of the mirror.

Seeing the moon was so clear, they had to use a filter or eye damage could have resulted.

Pex Hill is far enough outside Liverpool and Runcorn to avoid the worst light pollution - indeed it is one of the LAS that's a leading 'light' (sorry!) in this particular campaign.

On the occasions I have been up there, visibility is quite good even whern there is up to 20% cloud cover.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine