What has it come to??????????

Quest

Well I decided to give the lake a break and catch up with my local river (River Colne). As I have not fished it for over a year now. Well you no the score, it has to be done.

I could not believe my eyes. I have one word, and that word is "LITTER". And I'm not just taking and packet of crisps packet. I'm talking a packet of crisps wrapper to a bloody car exhaust and all the other things that had been dumped.

I tell you what it needs a good clean up. I mean, who knows what all this litter/waste is doing to the fish.

What has this world come to. Why can't people just dispose of there waste in the appropriate mannor.

yea but in my city there is a team of 3 council workers that clean the river in the boat 1 day a week and the other 4 days they are cleaning the riverside

Quest:

Why can't people just dispose of there waste in the appropriate mannor.

And preferably not on my Manor! Unfortunately, people never have thought twice about chucking stuff away (archaeologists are quite grateful for this). Kids used to earn pocket money by collecting bottles which had deposits on them but had been disarded anyway. Perhaps that's the answer - deposits on everything "disposable"? People would still throw the stuff away, but others with time on their hands and no money would collect it again?

Incidentally, Harveys of Lewes must be the only brewer still supplying beer in bottles with a deposit on them. Apparently that's why you never see their beer in supermarkets or off-licences (even elsewhere in Sussex).