Brolly Q please.

champ

Can anyone suggest a lightweight umbrella for summer use please?.My wife has started fishing with me on some trips.She likes to sit in shade,and keep dry!.I dont use brolleys much if i can avoid it.The only one i have is an old Wavelock Nu brolli from my Nash brolly overwrap bivvie days.Its a great winter brolly-nothing gets through it,but its very heavy.

Argos do a decent brolly for day sessions and a bit of shelter. It's not a winter brolly really but for day sessions...ideal. It deffo keeps the rain off. It comes with the usual tether ring on top but 4 of the stems have loops for taking more guy-ropes. By the time you've pegged it in, it's ideal. It's actually pretty bombproof too. It's only 15 quid and it comes with it's own sleeve. I used it for ages until I took it out in a storm but I don't think much would have stood up to this weather. It was a Hurricane.

My mate bought one too and his is still going strong. It's big enough to get 2 of you under it but it's not the Millennium Dome either. I think it's very good value.

...andy...

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I would be interested in peoples suggestions as well as after many years of faithful service my old brolly was trashed by the wind on the Kennet today.

However the loss was made easier by the three barbel i caught, that made the thought of shelling out for a new one somewhat easier to stomach.

Good timing here too, the Argos brolly I've had for about 20 years (the only brolly I've ever owned!) has finally met its maker. The key for me is lightweight - the Argos one I had weighed a ton!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Although not cheap, the best light weight brolly I have found after looking at litterally dozens of options is the Fibrelite range made by Waterline. Totally waterproof and very well made. I have the 50 inch flat back version which has a couple of pegging down points at the rear and various options on the pole eg tilt, central or uni pole. Looking at the net there are some deals going on at the moment but they are more expensive than standard range brollies. I think that Waterline has now been taken over by Preston but the Waterline brolly's in my opinion are much better than the Preston ones