Rods

oiboi

What is in your opinion best buy quiver tip rod , and best buy match rod

These days there are simply loads of very useable match rods and quiver rods available for £25 or under its impossible to list them! Never been a better time to buy good tackle at daft prices.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

These days there are simply loads of very useable match rods and quiver rods available for £25 or under its impossible to list them! Never been a better time to buy good tackle at daft prices.

what do u think of Byron , Shimano , or Shakespeare rods ?

what do u think of Byron , Shimano , or Shakespeare rods ?

In my opinion i would go for a Shimano. Yes there are not the cheapest, (depending on model), but you get what you pay for at the end of the day. I have a Shimano Nexave BX Multi feeder and I swear by it. Great for all fish. But I also have a Shimano Hyperloop AX which is just at good. Gd Luck

I can't fault Shimano when it comes to choosing rods....I have a 12' Beastmaster Commercial float rod, and I love it to bits....my fishing buddy calls it my "bendy" rod, as it hoops over rather alarmingly with each fish...it wasn't cheap, knocking £100, but it is just lovely to use and I consider it worth every penny....it has adjustable/removable weights in the butt to balance with the reel, so I can swap and change as I choose. It's an absolute pleasure to use and I really can't find any fault with it. The short butt is just perfect for me.

We keep a Shimano Alivio rod up in the clubhouse for any member to use if they arrive just for a walk round and decide to do a spot of fishing. I've used it on a few occasions and again, it performs admirably. I'm currently trialling a Shimano telescopic rod....watch this space!

I've also got six Shimano reels...I think that qualifies me as a tackle tart, so please feel free to ignore any of the above....

Janet