This fishcam is located in the St Mary's River just downstream from the Soo Locks and Lake Superior. It must be a banner year for lamprey because most of the salmon either have them attached or they have scars from them. I was amazed at the size and number that there were of the blood-sucking snakes.

All major feeder streams into the Great Lakes have lamprey weirs and are treated annually with compounds that kill lamprey larvae. Apparently something must be amiss.

http://www.lssu.edu/arl/fishcam.php

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

On opening day I spotted a mottled orange lamprey, as long and as thick as my arm, heading downriver abover the streamer weed on the Kentish Stour, just below Fordwich.

The EA guy I reported it to believed it to be a sea-lamprey.

( UK Lamprey sightings should be reported to Paul.Frear'at'environment-agency.gov.uk )

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Lots of those nasty beasties. Quite a few of the trout are carrying more than one. Yuck!!!!

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Lots of those nasty beasties. Quite a few of the trout are carrying more than one. Yuck!!!!

Every so often I'll land a fish with lamprey attached. They don't let go until the fish thrashes around in the net, which for them is too late as they are on board by then. I always release them of course. In tiny pieces. ;)

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain