Bait choice for fishery with restrictions

volcol

Hi just after a bit of advice, going fishing on saturday and the place has quite a few restrictions on what we can use.

The fishery is stocked with tench, carp, roach and we're going to be using swimfeeders.

The restrictions are:

None of the following can be used:

Groundbait, Paste, Floating baits (incl bread & pellets), Pet food, Trout pellets, Boilies, bloodworm, joker, Peanuts and Tigernuts

and No open-ended feeders may be used, Only coarse pellets purchased from the fishery can be used.

So we are thinking of taking corn, luncheon meat and maggots and buying some pellets once we get there.

What are any suggestions we can use in the feeder to attract some decent fish?

Thanks

Luncheon meat on the hook.

I've got a set of Fox punches which I use to form pellet sized chunks of meat.

Slice a tin of spam into 1-1.5cm thick slices and punch out little cylinders of meat. Fish are sometimes wary to perfectly shaped bailts, so chop up the rest of the meat (ie the rest of the slice full of holes) and use that as loose feed and hookbait now and again.

Fishery pellets are fine but with the restriction on feeders you might want to get some pva mesh and make up little bags of feed.

Corn is always a favourite, again in mesh bags, but be carefull as any juice from the corn will eat through the bag.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

Blockend feeder, red maggot? If you want to avoid the roach and just target the carp and tench, semi-fixed inline blockend feeder, three hair-rigged fake red maggots and red maggots in the feeder.

Cheers for the advice, I think PVA bags were banned too so I'll have to check on that.

I've never fished with swimfeeders before, will just having maggots in one attract the bigger fish or is it better to mix them with something such as chopped up corn or small bits of the meat? Will having a different bait in the feeder compared to the hair rig still attract decent sized fish?

Thanks for the tip with the luncheon meat, I'll see if I can get hold of a puncher before we go.

Cheers for the replies.

I've used luncheon meat before but normally just used a knife and cut it into random bits, I'll try and get hold of a puncher before saturday.

I think PVA bags are also banned so I'll have to check.

Is it worth packing out the swimfeeder with chopped up corn, meat and hemp as well as the maggots? Do you think just maggots will attract decent sized fish?

Thanks

Problem with closed feeders is that the mixture will not escape the feeder, it'll just sit there clogged up and and bites you get will more likely be the carp nosing the feeder to investigate the insides.

With rules like that I'd be inclined to stay away from feeder fishing and get the float tackle out, at a commercial you needn't fish more that a rod length or two out.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

The prevous advice of luncheon meat, maggots and corn sounds good.

However I would be make the coarse pellets you buy at the fishery my main bait, obviously they would need to be of a size you can drill out and use as a bait. If they are the only pellets allowed on the fishery, they must go in to the water in such large amounts that the fish must view them as a natural bait and proberbly make up a large part of their daily diet. I would assume the Carp and Tench at this venue must be used to hoovering up large amounts of this pellets.

Large Lob Worms are always a good bet for any venue.

Edited by Dales

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek