Best fly fishing in Warwickshire

kevh9876

Hi there,

I've just joined the site and would like some help. Having moved to Warwick and not picked up a rod for 3/4yrs I'd like to get back into some flying fishing.

Any recommendations for good place to fish would be very much appreciated. River or lake I'd just like to get back into it!

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Having moved to Warwick and not picked up a rod for 3/4yrs I'd like to get back into some flying fishing.

Any recommendations for good place to fish would be very much appreciated. River or lake I'd just like to get back into it!

I asked about this on another (fly-fishing) board a little while ago when a family move to Stratford-upon-Avon was being considered. We never did make that move so I've got no personal experience to draw on, but I was advised that there was next to no river trout fishing round that way. IIRC, the nearest fishing would involve driving either west (to the Monnow etc) or south to the chalk streams. That said, I'm sure there are plenty of coarse fish in the local rivers who might be tempted by a fly. No idea what the situation is regarding still waters though, I'm afraid.