Another reel question

DavyR

Oddly enough, I *am* left-handed (aka cack-handed) and I blame my lack of dexterity (literally) on that unhappy accident of birth. Mind you, it's worth it in pub music sessions when some oik asks to play my fiddle - the look of puzzlement that crosses their faces is priceless...

Thanks a lot, Nick - that's brilliant and if I can't manage the job now I'll know who to blame and it won't be you. I'm sure I won't be the only one to find those instructions invaluable when the need arises! :thumbs:

Having done so much spinning for trout and my bizarre way of closing the bail-am when casting, I've probably replaced more bail-arm springs than any other repair I've done.

I open the bail-arm almost fully with my left hand and close it manually again so I can pick up the line for the retrieve instantly when the spinner lands in it's chosen spot, which can be important when spinning or you drift past the best the best holding spots.

If you open the bail-arm fully, cast to your chosen spot and then rely on the handle to flip the bail-arm, your spinner has travelled 5 feet away from the area you were trying to aim for. Useless and clumsy.

By using my method, the spinner is already starting to revolve by the time it's hit the water.

It looks like something a noddy would do.

...andy....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

ah the now disappeared small scars of bailarm spring fitting ,some were easy some needed pretensioning and caused the blood :D

ofcourse modern reels are fitted with "lifetime" springs mainly because their lifetime is a fraction of an old reels

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson