Monk Lakes

ray carper

Hi all,

has anyone recently fished the specimen lake at monks, also looking for any

pointers anyone can give me on bait rigs etc that work well on this venue.

thanks ray

There's more than one 'Monks Lake' which one are you referrring to ?

Rob.

Rob

Given his address I would assume it is the one near Staplehurst in Kent, I know where it is and fished it with Matt Baldwin a couple of times but I could not give Ray any serious advice about the Specimen Lake, there are some nice Chub in the River beult that runs along side.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Rob

Given his address I would assume it is the one near Staplehurst in Kent, I know where it is and fished it with Matt Baldwin a couple of times but I could not give Ray any serious advice about the Specimen Lake, there are some nice Chub in the River beult that runs along side.

Tony

Hi tony,

yes i do mean the staplehurst one. we're doing a 24hr session on there

for carp, hoping to have more than a nice chub out the river. not a cheap venue,

would normally fish elphicks but all of their specimen lakes are fully booked for the next month.!!!

ray

Ray

"to have more than a nice chub out the river" I cannot think of anything that would top that except perhaps one of the very very scarce Beult Barbel :) :)

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Ray

"to have more than a nice chub out the river" I cannot think of anything that would top that except perhaps one of the very very scarce Beult Barbel :) :)

Me mate who i'm going with is a barbel man so he should enjoy it.

i take by very very scarce beult barbel there like rocking horse $h*t.

do wish i'd ask about these lakes before booking not 1 person has had a decent word to say about them. :o

Ray

From what I have seen you should catch plenty Carp but the venue does get packed so choose your swim well.

I have only gone in the winter when the rivers are out of sorts my club has much nicer lake venues if I fancy a bit of Carping.

As for the Beult Barbel they are very thin on the ground an may even have originated from Monk lakes in the first instance when the Beult flooded into the lakes a few years back.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

Ray

From what I have seen you should catch plenty Carp but the venue does get packed so choose your swim well.

I have only gone in the winter when the rivers are out of sorts my club has much nicer lake venues if I fancy a bit of Carping.

As for the Beult Barbel they are very thin on the ground an may even have originated from Monk lakes in the first instance when the Beult flooded into the lakes a few years back.

Tony

Thanks for the advice tony.

we're going mid-week so hopefully won't be to bad.

will let you know how we do. 19/20 aug

cheers again ray