Hawkhurst

I haven't been there snce I wrote this article, which took place there. If it's anything like it was then, all that's needed is the ability to hit the water with your bait :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm going to fish Hawkhurst Fish Farm for the first time this saturday for a day session and just wondered what has worked for people in the past on the main lake. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

DGZ Baitz

Tight Lines

ironically i am also going to hawkhurst for the 1st time on Saturday, and also a fond user of DGZ baits, any tips ?

TIGHT LINES<<<<

I frequently got to HFF (Hawkhurst Fish Farm). What a place to be its a lovely complex and if u guys want a shower u can lol.Whatch out for the ducks the owner of HFF loves his ducks so they can be pricey and there are loads!My advice is to try and find a deep part of the water as the lakes are not that deep.The main lake always feeds well off mainline baits and paritcles. you can buy pellets and other stuff from the baliff , (he is alright, watch out for his jokes). The lake is 3 ft deep in most places u will have to find the deeper bits, but there are some out there. dont worry too much about the islands as the slop away, so come a rod length off the island.Yes you can use boats on there!There are some nice fish in the lake i hve had a 30lb common out of the main lake.The dove lake i havent had much expiernce on but they say the smalles fish is 20lbs, but what i have heard it is a hard lake to fish!The match lake is as it says a match lake but u can fish it for 12hours if u want just ask the baliff!The Cafe is a bit pricey so take ur own and there has been a tackle shop opened in the last few months so they will be able to help u out a bit. its a shame i wont be down there this weekend i would have pop and seen u both, let a few more tips out !WET LINES Martin P.S. Let us know how u are getting on and the freshwater informer 9 times out of 10 have a ctach report on HFF

I haven't been there snce I wrote this article, which took place there. If it's anything like it was then, all that's needed is the ability to hit the water with your bait :D
Elton the prices have gone up since that article£30 for 24 hour on the main lake£35 for 24 on the Dove lake!

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

I hope your not expecting a big catch report because your going to be a bit disappointed. We never even went in the end - the lake was fully booked :( . We are now going to book a trip from Saturday 31st May (morning) - Sunday 1st June (evening). Fingers crossed we will have more than a few nice fish out.

Fatzy, How did you have that 30lb fish out?

Method, Bait, etc..

Dgz Baitz

Tight Lines Dave

I hope your not expecting a big catch report because your going to be a bit disappointed. We never even went in the end - the lake was fully booked :( . We are now going to book a trip from Saturday 31st May (morning) - Sunday 1st June (evening). Fingers crossed we will have more than a few nice fish out.

Fatzy, How did you have that 30lb fish out?

Method, Bait, etc..

Dgz Baitz

Tight Lines Dave

Sorry to hear about that Dave, was all the lakes booked up? its always gd to ring ahead!!

To be honest with u dave i dont know it was a basic set up with a 18mm fusion boilie on it was in the middle of the lake. so to honest that catch was more down to luck! i will go into more detail for ya another time!

have a go with mainline baits they seem to do well!!!!! they like their paritcle as well!

Martin - FaTzy

Edited by FaTzy

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)