Learning To Play The Guitar Online

Elton

For years, I've wanted to learn to play the electric guitar and have decided that now's the time to do something about it. I can't afford proper lessons, so am looking to pick up as much information as possible online.

Has anybody ever done this? If so, could you recommend any good websites?

Also, what would be a good guitar to start with? I want to play rock music, mainly, and need something fairly cheap.

tia,

Elton

I recently started playing the electric again after a bit of a break. I have only been playing the acoustic for the last few years. Depending on how much you wannt to spend on a electric. Theres plenty of cheap deals around, Even argos do some good little starter kits. My personel choice would be a les paul copy. But thats just my preferance. Fender now do the starcaster, Which is a cheaper version of the strat.

Theres plenty of videos on you tube to watch for the bigginer and the more advanced.

Heres another helpful sight

http://www.chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

Edited by wayne baker

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the tips. Ebay are currently doing a free insertion fee promotion, so I'm going to dig out some stuff from the loft and then look for a bargain with the proceedings.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

fender stratocaster anyone ?

when i had my lessons i thought it was one of the easiest guitars to use, the neck was just the right width and the fret bars were not so high that it was hard to press down on the strings to the point your fingers really hurt and it always had a nice crisp sound.

i wouldnt go for a squire strat by fender. the strings are positioned too close together for adults in my opinion, it was perfect when i was a kid but now my stubby fingers touch other strings and makes it sound terible.

go to a guitar shop try them out and get the exact model of one you like... then buy online

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

fender stratocaster anyone ?

Strats can be a bit of a minefield for a beginner, though, as there are so many different models bearing the name. Some are exquisite (and exquisitely expensive) and others (especially the Mexican-made ones) can vary from "ordinary" to "nasty".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Stratocaster

• 3 weeks later...

With these Yamaha Pacificas, what's the difference between the model numbers? For example, is this one any good?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I ended up buying this one today. I hope to pick it up this week and then get a cheap amp from somewhere.