Seriously funny (and I think, true) story.

Newt

I did not change the name or occupation of the lady telling this story about herself. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

LAUGHTER THE BEST MEDICINE so here is a TRUE one for those that need to laugh - Judy Crosby

_____

Even if you aren't a skier, you'll be able to appreciate the humor of the slopes. Here is a ski story that will warm your heart.

The conditions were perfect ... riding up the ski slope at -12ºF, no feeling in the toes, basic numbness all over ... the tell-me-when-we're-having-fun kind of day.

I complained to my husband John that I was in dire need of a rest room. He told me not to worry, that he was sure there was relief waiting at the top of the lift in the form of a powder room for female skiers in distress. Well he was wrong, of course, and the pain did not go away.

If you've ever had nature hit its panic button in you, then you know that a temperature of 12 below, doesn't help matters. So, with time running out, I carefully weighed my options. My astute mate, picking up on the intensity of the pain, suggested that since I was wearing an all-white ski outfit, I should go off into the woods and no one would even notice. He assured me, "The white will provide more than adequate camouflage." So (not having a great deal of options) I headed for the tree line, began lowering my ski pants and proceeded to do my thing.

If you've ever parked on the side of a slope, then you know there is a right way and wrong way to set your skis so you don't move.

Yup, you got it!!! I had them positioned the wrong way. Steep slopes are not forgiving ... even during the most embarrassing moments. Without warning, I found myself skiing backward, out-of-control, racing through the trees ... somehow missing all of them and onto another slope! My derrière and the reverse side were still bare, with my pants down around my knees, and I was picking up speed all the while. I continued backwards, totally out-of-control, creating an unusual vista for the other skiers!! I proceeded to ski back under the lift and finally collided violently with a pylon!!

The bad news was that I broke my leg and was obviously unable to pull up my ski pants. At long last John arrived, putting an end to my nudie show, then summoned the ski patrol. They transported me to a hospital in Aspen.

While I was in the emergency room, a man with an obviously broken arm was put in the bed next to mine. "So, how'd you break your arm?" I asked him while trying to get my mind off myself.

He replied, "It was the funniest thing you ever saw. I was riding up this ski lift and suddenly, I couldn't believe my eyes! There was this crazy woman skiing backward, out-of-control, down the mountain, with her bare bottom hanging out of her pants. I leaned over to get a better look and fell out of the lift." To which he then asked me, "So, how'd you break your leg?"

This gentleman must have been from the south as this story was published in a newspaper in New Orleans. My cousin, knowing what happened to me that ski season, clipped it and forwarded it to me with this question "Does this sound familiar?"

PS the only thing that could add to this story was they admitted me to the hospital and placed me in a room with no windows and huge drawings of WHINNIE the POOH on the walls!! It was not too long before, being a typical difficult patient, for which nurses are notorious, I insisted that as there were two doctors in my condo and I was a nurse, for these reasons I should be released from my windowless prison. To which this exasperated Orthopedic Surgeon replied "Do you also happen to have a cast cutter also in your condo for use in the middle of the night if and when your leg swells and the circulation to your leg is impaired?"

The doctor did release me with no pain meds!! I suppose this was his passive way to show me what he thought of mouthy injured nurses.

Judy

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt just had a giggling fit for at least 5 mins and it is still continuing. Should not laugh really,that man who fell out of the lift could have been me!

Oh god my sides are aching now. It was really funny.I suppose it has been done before but lets start off a thread on it.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Newt, thats wierd, was in Breckenridge (not far from Aspen) 12 years ago. Watched a drama when

a teenage girl fell out of a chair lift, her

coat got caught and she was left dangling.

They stopped the lift quite quick and got her

down by stacking some empty cable spools and climbing up to her.

Always wondered how she fell out, now i know :D

1509tarpon_75_.gif