Trolleys

baker

Yes trolleys, and I don't mean my pants. It's time to retire the old matchman club trolley as I can't stand dragging that squeaky aluminium piece of **** around any longer. I mean the thing is always tipping over whenever it hits the slightest slope or smallest stump, not to mention it folding up whenever I strap my gear on. I'm not really after a barrow as such, just a good strong replacement for the coat hanger with wheels. Can any of you gents recommend a good one? I've looked at all the tackle sites and I've noted a few from Penrose, but they want about £70 and the things only plated which I think is a bit of a rip off. Any recommendations?

Offma Trollies are excellent!

After many years of using a trolly I changed to a Chubb foldable wheelbarrow affair and am well pleased. Under £70.00 and streets ahead of a trolly when it comes to lugging gear along the bank.

would like to see more input on this subject my self as I was toying with the idea of buying a trolley. To hear you talking about it tipping over at the slightest bump, sounds like my box that I use that has built in wheels.

Are they a answer to all our prayers for transporting our ever increasing amount of tackle or are they every bit as awkward as simply loading yourself up like a mule?

fat, stupid hobbit.

Guest allibee

Peter Waller:

I changed to a Chubb foldable wheelbarrow affair and am well pleased.

Blimey Peter, sounds like you're well into all the carp gear!!! :D

Second hand carp porter, you can get them for about £40 - 50 if money is tight. Easy to use, good centre of balance. I have the twin wheel that can be pushed together to make on larger front wheel. Folds flat really well.

Let the wheels take the strain, not you Baker

never had cause to complain about my boss trolly does exactly what it should ,strong and stable ,not sure what they cost now but i always rated it top for match gear.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

I've always used a trolley for my gear and I don't take my house and home with me either. I've plumbed for a Penrose model with tyres instead of the 'Golf cart' style wheels. I've come to the conclusion that the tipping problem is to do with the unforgiving nature of the wheels on my existing trolley which stop dead whenever a tree root is encountered.

I've personally avoided barrows as if I ever get to the stage of taking that much gear with me then, being a bit of a traditionalist I would think something was wrong. After all for me, fishing is about catching and enjoying the surroundings and not a camping expedition. Lugging your 150lbs of gear in a glorified wheel barrow, only to sit on your £300 bed chair trying to re-hydrate a beef pot noodle in the dark with luke warm water, would quite frankly put me off fishing altogether. There are institutions where you are required to route march over rugged terrain with a heavy pack, and it's called the army!