Problems on the main computer!

Andrew Burgess

Last Night my man computer is either playing up or either software problems

So therefore using my laptop to access the internet!

First of all my McAfee Pop up alerts notify me to reinstall McAfee Virus scan which I did but ended up with a blank McAfee Security Centre and a message when minimise saying still downloading - well I left the computer on all night and this morning nothing have changed! Still a blank white screen with no messages! Tried tonight talking to the McAfee technician but no joy kept sending me links to what could be the problems

Any ideas on what next to do? I can't uninstall the program!

The other problem is The Windows System Restore is also show a blank screen as well!

Any suggestion will be welcome!

My system are

Windows XP Home Edition Version 202 Service Pack 3

Outlook Express - Main system for me because of my deafness

Window Explorer 7

Intel Pentium ® 4

CPU 3.00GHz

3.04 GHz

1 GB Of Ram

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

first uninstall macaf virus and leave it off(its crap anyway as i keep getting popups saying its wants to scan

its basically a pain in the arse and its due fro deletion:)

as for windows restore,make sure you have (if you can)a recent save point and try a restore (say atleast a week unless youve installed something really important before it went pear shaped(then maybe a day or two ago restore point)

also try going into my computer and right clicking on your main drive(click properties) and go to the tools tab at the top of the properties box called tools and scan the drive (click both boxes that pop up in the window )

it will reboot and take a fair time scanning but may help you in the long run:)

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

first uninstall macaf virus and leave it off(its crap anyway as i keep getting popups saying its wants to scan

its basically a pain in the arse and its due fro deletion:)

as for windows restore,make sure you have (if you can)a recent save point and try a restore (say atleast a week unless youve installed something really important before it went pear shaped(then maybe a day or two ago restore point)

also try going into my computer and right clicking on your main drive(click properties) and go to the tools tab at the top of the properties box called tools and scan the drive (click both boxes that pop up in the window )

it will reboot and take a fair time scanning but may help you in the long run:)

Thanks for the suggestions and I did meantion that the system restore is only showing a blank white screen and cannot create a restore point.

Also tried my computer, and scan but nothing happens!

:o Well after a bit of surfing around to see what I do and I found a link

which help me to remove all the McAfee software and also manage to reinstall the software.

After the removing the software in the 1st session the system restore came back to life!

So the main computer is fix now

Thanks for any help! :D

Good to hear it. I'm trying to think if I've ever heard anyone recommend Mcafee.

Nope, can't think of anyone :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE