Are these things really that good?

Rusty

Another vote for Mitchells. Two 410As and a 300 are my favoured tools when feeder/ledgering when the circumstances dictate it.

Good luck with the 440A :)

Same here, I use to have both until they were nicked from my shed. I found the 440's auto bail arm great for float fishing but occasionally I'd mis-time the press so I tended to manually open the bail arm if I was casting a weight. The 300 is a brilliant no nonsense solid reel, haven't found a better FS reel yet.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Im a bit of a ABU collector i have several that i would never use now. I still have three cardinal 55s in their original boxes that have never been used. All the original swedish models where all real good quality. Even the 55s i still use now and then are still as smooth as silk. as they were back in 1980 when i bought them. As for the close face models i have had a couple over the years, But i much prefer the pin for my float fishing.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.