Dual purpose MTI boat rods?

Worms

I've got a pair of MTI 15lb Offshores and I've been using them for uptiding with no problems at all, even with 8oz of lead and a decent bait. In fact, I've been using the rods pretty much exclusively all summer and I've caught tope over 40lb, conger over 45lb and a whole host of other species like blonde rays, pollack and cod on them - I love 'em, they're great!

Well, after a lot of umming and aahing I decided on the MTI 20-40 as I was going to do a fair bit of Bristol Channel codding. I was also hot on the heels of a left hand Avet LX at a remarkably good price to match it. Unfortunately the reel deal fell through and the Cod fishing has been knocked on the head for other reasons so the 15lb Offshore is winging its way to me as my general all-round rod for next year. I think I'm specifically going to enjoy chasing tope with it in Cardigan bay :thumbs:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 1 month later...
Well, after a lot of umming and aahing I decided on the MTI 20-40 as I was going to do a fair bit of Bristol Channel codding. I was also hot on the heels of a left hand Avet LX at a remarkably good price to match it. Unfortunately the reel deal fell through and the Cod fishing has been knocked on the head for other reasons so the 15lb Offshore is winging its way to me as my general all-round rod for next year. I think I'm specifically going to enjoy chasing tope with it in Cardigan bay :thumbs:

Father christmas bought me a left-hand wind Avet JX...............now I've got to go and get the 20-40!....................... The wife made the mistake of asking me what I wanted for my birthday last night B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Father christmas bought me a left-hand wind Avet JX...............now I've got to go and get the 20-40!....................... The wife made the mistake of asking me what I wanted for my birthday last night B)

:lol: She probably thought you'd ask for sex! :lol:

:lol: She probably thought you'd ask for sex! :lol:

Don't be silly it's not my birthday for a couple of weeks :P

Edited by Worms