Gutted

jazz09

Loved my Century Ezee, it has been my best rod for all round fishing until last night when a quick mishap ended with the butt section rolling into the sea over the side of the small pier. The tide was going out so at low tide i went on the hunt for it with no luck. i am totally gutted to say the least.

Anyway, i am now stuck with the top section of the rod wondering what to do, checking ebay to see if theres a butt section there with no luck. I contacted Century who no longer have the machinery to do the butt section so i am basically hammered. I did have a thought about using aluminium tube & putting shrink over it but i am unsure if this will work & if it did the big problem would be getting the correct size as there is nowhere local that i am aware of where i can just take the tip section along & get the correct size aluminium tube. Maybe there is a better option what somebody can suggest?

This was my favourite rod & 1 side of my brain was saying jump in after it but the other was saying get real, so i got real.

Is there anything i can do to salvage this rod?

Thanks lads (and lasses if there are any)

Don't panic. i'm sure that there are a few guys who knows rod builders etc on this forum. I do know of one who is excellent and if you want, i can send him a copy of your post.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Is it a parallel or tapered butt?

I can probably make you a butt if it's a push fit into the tip (tapered, not parallel).

Ada

It's parallel mate, & around 4" of the base of the tip is also parallel & pushes into the butt.

Sorry jazz, my man tells me he can't help you. Good luck with your quest though.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Accurately measure the OD of the tip and try a zzippy/cono etc butt from your local shop and which also has a parallel butt.

If you find one that fits contact those companies direct and they'll supply a butt to fit (even if you have to finely rub it down a bit). Usually they will be 25mm/23mm/21mm etc.

:rolleyes: