can you help - forgive me showing my ignorance :wub:

Rob 5059

I need somebody to help me understand the difference in Boilie, Glugs and Dips and also you can get a flavour's which on the bottle it says you can put in your spod, goundbait mixes.

What is confusing can you soak bollies in a flavour is it as affective as dipping them Dips or whatever you use a glug for.

As the title says feel ignorant but would love to understand.

Thanks in anticipation of somebody explaining the difference between all these additives.

Cheers

Rob

I need somebody to help me understand the difference in Boilie, Glugs and Dips and also you can get a flavour's which on the bottle it says you can put in your spod, goundbait mixes.

What is confusing can you soak bollies in a flavour is it as affective as dipping them Dips or whatever you use a glug for.

As the title says feel ignorant but would love to understand.

Thanks in anticipation of somebody explaining the difference between all these additives.

Cheers

Rob

From what I've read the difference between a dip and a glug is the name.

It's true to say that people refer to dipping their baits into a liquid for a short period of time to allow a flavour to leak off and leave a flavour trail. The same liquid is also used to leave boilies in for a longer period of time wich is known as 'glugging' - waterlogging them with flavour if you like.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

From what I've read the difference between a dip and a glug is the name.

It's true to say that people refer to dipping their baits into a liquid for a short period of time to allow a flavour to leak off and leave a flavour trail. The same liquid is also used to leave boilies in for a longer period of time wich is known as 'glugging' - waterlogging them with flavour if you like.

Thanks Alan so I have bought some flavouring Activ 8 and another bottle of tiger nut its in a bottle the size of a bottle of medicine unlike the glug or dip that comes in smaller stubbier bottles will what I have do the same job do you think. I just can't get my head around all this to be honest.

Rob

Edited by Rob 5059

Thanks Alan so I have bought some flavouring Activ 8 and another bottle of tiger nut its in a bottle the size of a bottle of medicine unlike the glug or dip that comes in smaller stubbier bottles will what I have do the same job do you think. I just can't get my head around all this to be honest.

Rob

I think the big bottle you are referring to maybe the particle and pellet syrup,(that would be a big bottle of medicine mind :o )Have a look on the label,if it is then this is what you would add to your spod mix,pellets,maize etc..The dip is more expensive and comes in a smaller bottle,this is what you would use to soak and dip your boilies/hookbaits.I'm assuming in the case of the active8 that you would be using active8 boilies aswell,,if so,and you plan to glug them for a long time,make sure you have a bait drill in your tackle box as for some reason the dip makes them rock hard and you'll struggle pushing a baiting needle through them,having said that it doesn't seem to affect pop-ups like it does freezer baits..

I hope this helps and doesn't add to the confusion

No I think I am there now wellyphant thanks a lot your right the bigger bottle is indeed the particle syrup. So I'm sorted now I was actually soaking bollies in this I suppose wouldn't do a lot of harm but maybe not do a lot of good either I suppose.

Thanks again Guys for going to the trouble to help me understand.

Rob

Edited by Rob 5059