ANGLERS NET THOUGHTS

watatoad

With my personal concerns and the considerable controversy over the various self appointed bodies who ‘represent us all of the angling community’ I have had a thought maybe a stupid one maybe I am suffering from senility however here it is.

I am a newcomer on AN, but it has struck me that we as members of AN, come from all over the country. Would it be possible for us to ask in local tackle shops to put up a notice ( I am certain we can all afford a couple of sheets of paper and a few minutes), to promote AN in every tackle shop we all use and possibly get circulars out via all the different clubs we belong to. Perhaps the ADMIN staff could produce something and all of us could print it off and take it with us on our next visit to our local tackle shop and perhaps get it circulated around all the many clubs we belong to and the heads of the Environment Agency and other ‘Governing and concerned bodies’. Maybe the ADMIN will agree with this suggestion or tell me I’m nuts maybe you guys and girls with think I have a cheek but its our pastime we all pay, to ensure we keep it a little effort could help perhaps even a letter we can all print off and send to our local Parliamentary Representatives and the would be ones.

ADMIN could even hold a poll on what we want and it would be a lot cheaper than any membership to any self appointed organization.

How about it, I am willing and I visit 8 local tackle shops and am a club member a few pence in paper and maybe an envelope or two and a couple of stamps, cheap and easy.

Sorry all, I must mention I am not involved in AN in any way other than as a contributor/member, I am not part of any Governing Body (Government or otherwise), I am not involved in any way with tackle or fishing manufacture or selling except for making a few bits of tackle for myself, for my personal and sole use e.g. floats, boxes.

I am a private individual who happens to pleasure fish or who fishes for pleasure, my only involvement is I am a member of my local angling club and I pay the EA for a rod license.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

With my personal concerns and the considerable controversy over the various self appointed bodies who ‘represent us all of the angling community’ I have had a thought maybe a stupid one maybe I am suffering from senility however here it is.

I am a newcomer on AN, but it has struck me that we as members of AN, come from all over the country. Would it be possible for us to ask in local tackle shops to put up a notice ( I am certain we can all afford a couple of sheets of paper and a few minutes), to promote AN in every tackle shop we all use and possibly get circulars out via all the different clubs we belong to. Perhaps the ADMIN staff could produce something and all of us could print it off and take it with us on our next visit to our local tackle shop and perhaps get it circulated around all the many clubs we belong to and the heads of the Environment Agency and other ‘Governing and concerned bodies’. Maybe the ADMIN will agree with this suggestion or tell me I’m nuts maybe you guys and girls with think I have a cheek but its our pastime we all pay, to ensure we keep it a little effort could help perhaps even a letter we can all print off and send to our local Parliamentary Representatives and the would be ones.

ADMIN could even hold a poll on what we want and it would be a lot cheaper than any membership to any self appointed organization.

How about it, I am willing and I visit 8 local tackle shops and am a club member a few pence in paper and maybe an envelope or two and a couple of stamps, cheap and easy.

Sorry all, I must mention I am not involved in AN in any way other than as a contributor/member, I am not part of any Governing Body (Government or otherwise), I am not involved in any way with tackle or fishing manufacture or selling except for making a few bits of tackle for myself, for my personal and sole use e.g. floats, boxes.

I am a private individual who happens to pleasure fish or who fishes for pleasure, my only involvement is I am a member of my local angling club and I pay the EA for a rod license.

Welcome, you sound just like any other level headed normal person. Be carefull as you may be classed as non-green if by what you are saying, you are telling the suits and ngo's and eu and ea and defra to s@d off as i only want to go fishing. The owner has told us before that just by being on this web site is enough, however as i do on me fishing trips etc, don't hurt to mention that you use the famous ANGLERS NET web site. :D

The only problems on the horizon as i see it is to be watchfull of the very many rules and regs that are now being fired off and loads more to come at the angler, in your quest to do the sport that you and millions more do. You could quite easily fall foul of the contraints that are set up to keep the men in suits, in suits.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..