'The art of fishing' old publication

david t

Hello,

In my house ive got a old set of 6 folders made up of monthly articles on coarse sea and game fishing, called the art of fishing, its from the 90's. Does anyone else have this set of folders gathering dust in their attic or bookshelf? I say this, as I take it for granted, but really its a very good reference point for loads of fishing bits and pieces. Its the variation in the sections, articles on winter canal fishing, maggot breeding, deep water float fishing etc, things that seem to be lost in many magazines etc nowadays, partly with the obsession with commercial fisheries.

Just wondered how many people have it, or refer back to it?

Cheers

dave

Hi Dave,

Like yourself I have the set sat in the corner of my study and refer to it on several occassions. I can always remember my old man sending me them to Germany as I was stationed there at the time and him complaining about postage.

art.jpg

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

I don't have a set but would certainly love to have a set. Any offers, from anyone with an unwanted set, I am more than happy to pay any postage or if you are near enough pick them up?

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Not sure how easy it would be to get hold of a set. I wouldnt want to part with mine anyway. Might see them on ebay, but never looked myself.

Its the sheer amount of material in them which makes them better than most books on angling.