Leed Liverpool Canal Carping

tomc

Has anyone done any canal carping on the Leeds - Liverpool Canal?? Just after any tips or productive areas (if you willing to let anyone no) and do you fish near or far bank?

Many thanks in advance!

Tom

Has anyone done any canal carping on the Leeds - Liverpool Canal?? Just after any tips or productive areas (if you willing to let anyone no) and do you fish near or far bank?

Many thanks in advance!

Tom

I know of a few taken around Maghull and Aintree racecourse areas, but haven't felt the urge myself.

Several fish from there found their way into the park lakes of Liverpool (allegedly).

The two comments are connected, and the anglers were using light gear and legering either boilies or worms.

I want to stress this is hearsay, I know one of the alleged anglers from fishing a venue and he stopped by to ponce a brew.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• 10 months later...
I had a 14lb mirror out of the canal last year,I have seen a lot of carp during the summer,there does seem to be a lot of BIG ghosties,but what area are you talking about,it is a very long stretch of water ;)

burscough through to maghull mate