The Wear, Co. Durham

Elton

Posted on behalf of Jamie. Please add all replies to this thread:

can anyone tell me if the wear at co,durham is ok to fish this weekend? thanks jamie

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Well the ice will be gone but as to whether or not its fishable is another question

We've gone through a deluge of rain from Thursday night through today with loads more due Saturday and some for Sunday so I guess there'll be plenty of flood water in the river. The Wear shares some of the same catchment area as the Tees and I was going to fish the Tees today but decided against it based on all the rain we've had and guess the teed won't be fishable till about Tuesday?wednesday and I would think the Wear will be the same

For a more accurate report he can always ring the Environment River Line number and he'll get the latest water levels albeit taken at 6am

Guest bbamboo
Well the ice will be gone but as to whether or not its fishable is another question

We've gone through a deluge of rain from Thursday night through today with loads more due Saturday and some for Sunday so I guess there'll be plenty of flood water in the river. The Wear shares some of the same catchment area as the Tees and I was going to fish the Tees today but decided against it based on all the rain we've had and guess the teed won't be fishable till about Tuesday?wednesday and I would think the Wear will be the same

For a more accurate report he can always ring the Environment River Line number and he'll get the latest water levels albeit taken at 6am

Hi Brian

I have not looked at the Tess for a few days but the River Skerne has been very high, dropped a little today.

It should be Ok for sunday if it keeps out, on the Tees.

Gary

Trouble is that all todays rain will be in the river tomorrow and if it rains again on Saturday as predicted then that'll enter on Sunday and goose the fishing

Was going to go piking and they don't care much for the brown stuff so might wait till mid week next or try higher up (Manfield) for a few good chub

Should have mentioned when the Skernes up it brings all the town crap downstream and you get that brown sediment scum running in the river from croft road bridge for a few miles downstream and its about neasham before its diluted enough not to effect the fishing

Its very different and distinct from the normal river water

Guest bbamboo
Trouble is that all todays rain will be in the river tomorrow and if it rains again on Saturday as predicted then that'll enter on Sunday and goose the fishing

Was going to go piking and they don't care much for the brown stuff so might wait till mid week next or try higher up (Manfield) for a few good chub

Hi Brian are you in the Brown trout or darlington anglers?