Do you support compulsory catch and release?

Do you support compulsory catch and release?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support compulsory catch and release?

• Yes.
    • No.

Hi, welcome to the lions den. Tell me what is the total take of the rsa compared with commercial landings and discard. Have you an idea. If you have you would understand that what you are saying will not have any impact at all. Have you ever been out wreck fishing in over 250' of water, if you have, you will understand why your statement won't have any impact on the stock.

We are anglers, or most of us are on anglers net, have a look at my signiture, i don't have anyone dictating to me what i need to do to enjoy my sport. If i want to take some home, i will, if i wish to release some, again i will, anything wrong with that? Have you really eaten fresh fish? If you are a rsa you may well have done. If you buy fish off a fishmonger, you proberbly never have.

Up to the individual this one, fom a personal point of view if its below MLS it goes back, if me or the dog don't fancy eating it it goes back, everything else gets eaten and that is what I go fishing for "the pot" my human right, and to Hell with anyone that tries to take that right away from me! We were put on this planet to be hunters and I will do that to my dying day as far as fish are concerned, regardless of bthe law, because as I have said before in the scale of the problem anglers catches are an insignificant drop in the ocean.

I am sick to death of the nanny state and so called animal rights activists and general do gooders trying to destroy the pleasure I get and have always had out of a bit of fishing, a good English tradition.

Cleeclive

I totally support idea that when you catch it you should release it.

Lets think logically for a moment.

Taking fish will make inpact on the stock, remember that if chain is broken, the whole cycle will fall.

And saying that it would'nt make a difference is WRONG!

Each year fishing, do you catch more than the last?

Ofcourse no!

Its because these little things like taking fish make an impact on the stock, it not might be huge, but little by little and it ads up.

Primary sector is decreasing because we are using earth's resources too quickly.

And because of that secondary sector is decreasing too! which leads to bigger prices because people are willing to pay more just to get it first before anyone else and because less and less of it left.

If you are a real fishermen, who is surviving from fishing then its logicall to take fish home, because thats how you survive, but for those which fishing its just a hobby or a nice time out leting fish back wount hurt anyone. At the end of the day its just for the joy, and why not let it back when you might catch the same one few years later :)

Don't think about the situation now, think about the future, think about you're kids and grandchildren, what will happen when they will go fishing.

Will they strugle to catch?

or enjoy fishing because there are some left.

Remember its all in ours hands :)

You got kids?

Never mind, this post is clearly just a windup.

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• 2 weeks later...

It should be down to personal choice, of course. I love eating fish and so do my family. I always return most of what I catch. I never take small fish, even when they are well in size. I only take quality fish that will feed my family.

Oh, and papiskMUSE I suggest you take up carp fishing and leave the sea fishing alone mate!