New Pin

Guest bbamboo

It is left hand wind only, the line guard is not interchangeable so no good if you are left handed like me

Ive seen this and I personally dont like it, its too open and easily clogged with dirt if you need to rest your rod

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

And there are no holes in it that will enable it to keep the 'Finger Winders' happy!!

By the way did anyone out there buy the old version of the TFG pin because they are being discounted at silly prices apparrently - if they are any good might be worth pop...

Sleeping we image what awake we wish;

Dogs dream of bones, and fishermen of fish.

Guest bbamboo

I think the line guard would come off, a close look it has a screw in the side.

I agree about the spool design you cannot easy wind this with your finger.

Is it just does me or does this look more like a large arbour fly reel ?.

It says designed by Matt Hayes I cannot ever remember Matt fishing with a pin.

Unless I have missed the odd show.

Guest bbamboo
Ive seen this and I personally dont like it, its too open and easily clogged with dirt if you need to rest your rod

I agree George with a fly reel you can get away with it.

But with a pin there is allsorts of rubbish gets into the works.

Like maggot bran and ground bait for starters off your hands.

Edited by bbamboo

A lot of centrepins on the market have open backs including the Anglersnet 'pin. I haven't found crap getting into the works to be a major problem and if it does happen I just take off the drum and clean behind it. If feeding maggots it helps to sieve them before they go into the bait pouch, that way you're not constantly chucking out sawdust with the feed.

I wouldn't let that put you off, it looks a nice reel but I agree that the older model is brilliant value now (if there's any left).

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Guest bbamboo
A lot of centrepins on the market have open backs including the Anglersnet 'pin. I haven't found crap getting into the works to be a major problem and if it does happen I just take off the drum and clean behind it. If feeding maggots it helps to sieve them before they go into the bait pouch, that way you're not constantly chucking out sawdust with the feed.

I wouldn't let that put you off, it looks a nice reel but I agree that the older model is brilliant value now (if there's any left).

Rusty if you get one let us know what its like

Gary

Rusty if you get one let us know what its like

Gary

Yeah Rusty - You haven't bought a pin for at least a month!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Yeah Rusty - You haven't bought a pin for at least a month!
:D:D

True but I did receive one as a gift on Saturday, a Truepin Trotter.

I'm developing a preference for wide drum reels so I'm thinking of moving on the narrow drums and a Greys Bewick, keep an eye on the for sale section.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back