magazine sales

Gray-Catchpole

hi all

i was lying in bed this morning, waiting for the alarm to go off, and i was thinking about mag sales, there is so much information to be had on the internet these days, and so many homes that have pc`s, has the sales of the weeklys and monthly`s been affected.

ive but almost stopped buying them, kerry gets me a copy of AM when she goes shopping, but thats about it.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

darrell.cook:

Glad to know you're up!!!

See you shortly, NEC here we come!! :):)

BTW internet or not I still like to buy mags, I mean, you can hardly drag your PC in the bog with you, can you?

A, you can take a lap-top to the bog.

B, real bog paper is far kinder to the nether regions than pages torn from an angling mag

C, I buy less mags because most of 'em seem to regurgitate half of what they published last year, or they have run out of steam, not because I have a PC.

D, I still buy AM and Coarse Fisherman and receive Pikelines as a PAC member.

[ 03 March 2002, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

I am a total angling literature junky. Coarse Fisherman, Coarse Angling Today, Sea Angler, Waterlog. I devour them like some people devour cornflakes after a hard night on the ubiquitous herbal remedy. I sometimes think the weeklies are a bit of waste of a pound, but then every now and again something appears which you would have regretted missing if you hadn't carried on buying every week. The mags are best though, because you can read and re-read them and sadly, I can't take my computer to work with me.

I think there will always be a place for magazines simply because they collate all the information together in one place. The Internet by it's very nature is large and diverse with information spread over a wide area. As has already been demonstrated by the triumphant arrival and ignominious departure of numerous sites in many spheres, internet users are not prepared to pay for content only and so unless someone is going to be prepared to stump up a fortune on a regular basis to run a site that does the job of the magazines and pays the writers accordingly it ain't gonna happen.

There's also the issue of time - I can skim through the weeklies in 30 mins but what would be my chances of doing the same on-line when the info is spread around 20 or 30 sites? I think people like the ability to pick up a magazine for 2 minutes on a whim whilst doing something else and that's something the web doesn't offer. I'd certainy be sad to lose both the weeklies and the monthlies. You may not always like them, but they provide a service and you get used to having it!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.