Languedoc Fishing

MiddleEastland

Only been back in the country 18 months. Just finding my way around the Newbury rivers, and.........I'm being moved. Montpellier. At least the Catalan I learnt in Barcelona will come in handy, and the missus being French! I never really bothered learning French. Might have to talk to the MiL then!

I need to start researching where we are going to live, which will pretty well be governed by fishing availability. Info/links are therefore requested on Herault (34). Anyone lived there, holidayed there?

Only been back in the country 18 months. Just finding my way around the Newbury rivers, and.........I'm being moved. Montpellier. At least the Catalan I learnt in Barcelona will come in handy, and the missus being French! I never really bothered learning French. Might have to talk to the MiL then!

I need to start researching where we are going to live, which will pretty well be governed by fishing availability. Info/links are therefore requested on Herault (34). Anyone lived there, holidayed there?

You lucky so and so.

I had a couple of months in Herault two years ago and loved it.

We were staying 10 minutes from Lac du Salagou which has some monstrous carp if you are prepared to put the time in.

There is always the Canal du Midi a bit further south at Agde and the River Herault looked very tasty.

Lots of info here

http://www.pecheherault.com/

Have fun and if you want someone to hold your tackle (oooer) give me a shout

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

What a lovely part of the world.

I've only ever driven over the Herault and that was 25 years ago, so I'm not exactly in a position to offer advice about that but I was a few miles outside Montpellier in Aigues-Mortes last summer and saw plenty of sporty looking carp in the canals around the Camargue. I was on honeymoon at the time, so I was not to be tempted on that occasion, but I have read about a guy who does guided fly-fishing for wildies in the Camargue, which is most definitely on my to-do list!