york lakeside lodges

simonwwfc

hi chaps new to site but after as much info on this place looking to book a lodge for week and bit of carping on there B) me my misses son and his partner going looking for a lodge close as poss to lake been looking at maple lodge sleeps 4 twin double rooms or jorvek lodge has any one stayed in them ? also does this place have a syndicate or just for people staying there if it has does it get busy ??? looking to book in june 4th does anyone have pics as web site out of date with pics cheers

I have stayed there two or three times, but it was during the early 90s so the pictures I have were before digital cameras (and probably the internet) & I pike fished it in the Winter, so I don't know if my info will be of any use to you , but any way. All the lodges seemed to be no more than 20 or 30 yards from the lake apart from a couple which had verandas which over hung the water. There was a small syndicate which fished it then as I spoke to one of it's members at the time, and I believe this is still the case now according to what I read on another forum very recently. The syndicate seems small and exclusive because even the locals don't seem know who to contact to join it. There were plenty of swims and the lake is bigger than it first seems so I doubt it will get crowded.

The lodges even back then were of a very high standard & some were being upgraded and new ones built. there were good carp in the lake too.

Edited by Rich_

Did a little Google for York lakeside lodges and found this on the Hoseasons page

Excellent year round fishing is available for carp, bream, trench, roach and pike on the beautiful 10 acre lake (Adults £20pw, Senior citizens and children £10pw each

Have a look for further details

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Did a little Google for York lakeside lodges and found this on the Hoseasons page

Excellent year round fishing is available for carp, bream, trench, roach and pike on the beautiful 10 acre lake (Adults £20pw, Senior citizens and children £10pw each

Have a look for further details

cheers already found it in hoseasons just would be nice to see some up to date pics before i shed out £700 for the week

cheers already found it in hoseasons just would be nice to see some up to date pics before i shed out £700 for the week

Simon here is another option for you not far from York, dont know it it would be of any good to you?

Brompton Lakes Richmond

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

Is it recent photos of the lodges you are after or of fish & the lake, Simon? I wouldn't worry about the accommodation, lodges were always 1st class . It was only the fact they got quite expensive that stopped us returning. Check that the electricity is included in the price because they used to meter it and bill you for it at the end of your stay.

Is it recent photos of the lodges you are after or of fish & the lake, Simon? I wouldn't worry about the accommodation, lodges were always 1st class . It was only the fact they got quite expensive that stopped us returning. Check that the electricity is included in the price because they used to meter it and bill you for it at the end of your stay.

all would be nice we phoned last night and only have maple lodge left from 12th june nearly £700 for week plus charge of 2 fishing and dog fee . electric is also not included im happy to npost my mobile for chat

07739570282 simon