Weybread Fishery

MiniFisherman

Heey all, Im new to the forum and i would like to make this my first post.

Has anyone fished Weybread fishery much? I'm going on sunday and would like to now how to target the skimmers or large roach.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Lee :thumbs:

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum.

I've fished Weybread Fisheries twice, but was targeting the carp and tench. The first thing to mention is to enjoy yourself as it's a lovely place to fish.

On the occasions I have been, people seem to target the silvers from the pegs in front of the house so it is probably better to fish those swims although some of them are disabled platforms I think? For some reason I've got the impression that the lake is quite deep there but as I haven't fished that side of the lake I can't confirm it. There are numerous bait restrictions so have a look on the website. They may limit the quantity of groundbait you can use, for example.

Have you seen the episode of 'Go Fishing' where John Wilson fishes it? He caught crucians on small chunks of luncheon meat and then catches bream from the surface on dog biscuits!

Good luck

Not sure; I fished it around May time last year. Didn't see any tench until late in the evening. My mate had immediate success with strawberry sweetcorn for them but the chap who owns the house and lake fishes red maggot over hemp for them in the swims behind the island, facing the house. He'll give you some tips when you get there, I'm sure.

Thanks Rob.

Will the tench be about this time of year? I always enjoy myself coarse fishing.

Thanks again.

Lee :thumbs:

I would think that most species will be having a munch this weekend due to longer daylight and the mild spell we have.

I heard a few Tench were caught on red maggot along with skimmers, perch, crucians and roach from ladywood today.

During the week a 25lb common was banked.

Ladywood is about 40 miles from Weybread and very similar so I would think you have a chance.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Not sure; I fished it around May time last year. Didn't see any tench until late in the evening. My mate had immediate success with strawberry sweetcorn for them but the chap who owns the house and lake fishes red maggot over hemp for them in the swims behind the island, facing the house. He'll give you some tips when you get there, I'm sure.

Fished with my dads club today, 10-3pm and what a shocking day!

The weather was brilliant but the fish were just gone! the winning weight was 11lb 12oz on peg 10.

The biggest skimmer caught was about 6 ounces, but most of the skimmers were about 1 ounces :o.

Second place weighed in at 2lbs.

I was very shocked as this is normally a great venue at this time of year.

Lee

That's why they call it fishing rather than catching and a good part of what keeps us doing it for a lifetime. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President