MCZ newsletter

My reason for bringing the link is the uk angling co including the local economys who rely on the business have practiclly the same concerns as the inshore commercial guys and that is protection. As there is certainly no protection offered by the A T, would it make sence to join the guys who do know how to handle themselves when it comes to dealing with the goverment quangos and defra etc. I'm sure that the commercial guys would welcome some additional support for what we are about to recieve. Food for thought?

Completely agree with you Barry, I have believed for some time that real RSA's would be better joining in with the commercial guys than depending on such as the AT and SSACN who do not have the best interests of the ordinary sea angler at heart. Since the article 47 (now 55) debacle charter skippers in particular have more in common with inshore commercial fishermen than with the numpties at AT towers.

My reason for bringing the link is the uk angling co including the local economys who rely on the business have practiclly the same concerns as the inshore commercial guys and that is protection. As there is certainly no protection offered by the A T, would it make sence to join the guys who do know how to handle themselves when it comes to dealing with the goverment quangos and defra etc. I'm sure that the commercial guys would welcome some additional support for what we are about to recieve. Food for thought?

They may know how to "handle themselves" better that the AT but they are still a grain of sand in the cogs turning atm. Maybe thats all they will be. They are "real" though.

AT seems to be an oil to lubricate those cogs. Don't know if that will win them the place in Utopia they seem to seek.

Hic

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Completely agree with you Barry, I have believed for some time that real RSA's would be better joining in with the commercial guys than depending on such as the AT and SSACN who do not have the best interests of the ordinary sea angler at heart. Since the article 47 (now 55) debacle charter skippers in particular have more in common with inshore commercial fishermen than with the numpties at AT towers.

This is particlarly true when i look back at the mantras the movers and shakers had written regarding the rsa. If only they had taken heed. At the time wise words and also mentioned that they only got one shot at it before the heals where dug in. Have the wise one's blown it, time for renewal.

Unfortunately the same guys may well be, still in the tower.

quote:

To restrict activity on the grounds of dogma or political considerations dirties the whole water, stirs opposition, and makes impossible an effective network of areas, by driving up the costs, and making compliance and enforcement both ineffective and very expensive.

(Inland anglers are acknowledged to be the ‘eyes and ears’ of the water, reporting problems to the authorities as soon as they occur. At sea anglers can keep watch, but not over areas from which they too are excluded)

But it seems to be the course upon which we are set!

It may be that some the early proposals for Marine Protected Areas will go through with little or no opposition from local anglers, or any great concern.

The real fun will start when larger, more popular angling areas are considered for similar treatment.

The sleeping giant may be slow to awake, but once it does there will be those of late wisdom who will wish that more had been done to get him onside before starting to tear down his patch.

:)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..