Suffix Synergy

ThePiker

Read a review in Improve your Coarse fishing a couple of years ago. Sufix came 3rd for abrasion resistance, behind Pro Gold (1st) and Fox Soft Steel (2nd). The problem with Synergy if I remember was that it was unpredictable. It actually had a higher resistance than Pro Gold on one test, but averaged out far worse due to two low scores. I've used Pro Gold for several years, as do most of our PAC region and we all like it.

Cheers

Jon :D

Interesting to read other anglers findings, I have always found Synergy to be 100% reliable in breaking strains from 15lb down to 8lbs. This past two months I have used 5.4lb bs Pro Gold for my chub fishing (which included some barbel to over 8lbs). hereto I found this to be very reliable and quite supple, I will be using it more in the future.

Alan.

I've used the 8lb for long range carping in my local resevoir.I found it to have good abraision resistance,knotted well,settled nicely on the spools and cast well.I also use the 12lb as an allround line and the 18lb for heavy weed/snag work.I find all are excellent.

Results with line do seem to vary between anglers,whether this is due to variance between batches i do not know.I would expect the manufacturers quality control to be sufficient to ensure that only good line reaches the shops.

Just thought I better let these good people know how well you took care of me and put me onto fish..14 and 11 lb pike and a couple of jacks too..only probs was you getting one of 21 lb and four other doubles in our two trips!!!!..lol..thanks again.