Hi from Haltwjistle

Deebee10

Hi all

New to this site and the rules of fishing in England :blink: . I fly fish and I am used to river and lough fly fishing . I have spent most of the past 10 years fly fishing lough mask in the west of Ireland which is free of permits and licences. I tie all my own flies.

Can anyone tell me about who to talk to about getting a permit to fish the Tyne river around Haltwhistle, Have asked in Tourist office, partnership offce and emailed everyone and still no further along with info. :(

I have found some still waters around but rainbows are not the same a wild brownies.

Any info or help welcome

Thanks

Phil Dean who occasionally haunts this site is the man to ask about Haltwhislte as he did live there aand fished the area extensively

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Phil Dean who occasionally haunts this site is the man to ask about Haltwhislte as he did live there aand fished the area extensively

Actually, is (or was) he not secretary of Haltwhistle AC, who'd actually be issuing those day tickets?

While we're waiting for Phil to show up, I'd also recommend Brampton AA, who are only a few miles down the road and who have some cracking wild brownie and grayling fishing on the Gelt and the Irthing for not very much money at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

New to this site and the rules of fishing in England :blink: . I fly fish and I am used to river and lough fly fishing . I have spent most of the past 10 years fly fishing lough mask in the west of Ireland which is free of permits and licences. I tie all my own flies.

Can anyone tell me about who to talk to about getting a permit to fish the Tyne river around Haltwhistle, Have asked in Tourist office, partnership offce and emailed everyone and still no further along with info. :(

I have found some still waters around but rainbows are not the same a wild brownies.

Any info or help welcome

Thanks

I just visited the tweed about two weeks ago it was two early for the salmon and sea trout so I went and fished the river Coquet in Rothbury that contains wild brown trout most of them are wild trout up to a good pound.

I just visited the tweed about two weeks ago it was two early for the salmon and sea trout so I went and fished the river Coquet in Rothbury that contains wild brown trout most of them are wild trout up to a good pound.

Thanks for the info, will go ask around

D