New to pole fishing

spangles

These replies have been very helpful thanks guys. I have another question ;) ...is there a big difference landing a fish to whether you elasticate the top 2 or top 3sections or is it just a matter of preference? thanks again. :)

For big fish I'd be using a power kit , which are normally long top 2's. I'd also recommend using a pulla bung of some description as landing large fish can be difficult if you have miles of elastic stretched out.

Dave

Middlebrough Angling Club

Visit My Website

Follow Me On Twitter

Born to fish..................... Forced to work!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there was me thinking, 'Pole Fishing' . . . :rolleyes: . . . a variant on 'Pole Dancing' . . . I'll have a bit of that . . . B):P

LMAO SW, When i was first looking for a "pole" i typed the word into Google and it cast me straight into a world i truly didnt belong in.lol

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

LMAO SW, When i was first looking for a "pole" i typed the word into Google and it cast me straight into a world i truly didnt belong in.lol

You say that but have you left??....... ;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

You say that but have you left??....... ;)

lmao i left.....but laid an electronic breadcrumb trail lol. :P

on a more topical note......does "no memory" whilst talking about fishing line mean that there is no strech in the line or it doesnt kink? Or am i just totally wrong again lol? Dave.

.does "no memory" whilst talking about fishing line mean that there is no strech in the line or it doesnt kink?

It means that it lies straight when it comes off the spool and doesn't stay in coils - so kind of "doesn't kink".

It means that it lies straight when it comes off the spool and doesn't stay in coils - so kind of "doesn't kink".

Ahh......that clears another issue up. Thanks m8.