New project

Kappa

I've used something similar for years, not mechanical, or electrical, but it works fine.

I call it an 'empty line spool'. Just wind the offending line on it, (by hand I'm afraid), and when it's full, I just burn it in the incinerator. :rolleyes:

John.

It's a little difficult when the offending bits of line are between three and twelve inches long, i think that as fast as i wind them on they will be winding themselves off. :rolleyes:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

It's a little difficult when the offending bits of line are between three and twelve inches long, i think that as fast as i wind them on they will be winding themselves off. :rolleyes:

Here's a thought...

Get an empty spool of PVA tape or an empty spool of that plumbers white stuff that you wrap round leaking pipes (I dont know what its called) which have those clip on covers to the spool.

Take off the cover and wrap some masking tape on the inside back to front so its sticky on the outside.

When you have line you need to dispose of, take the cover off the spool, wrap the line round and replace the cover.

The masking tape should retain the line and the cover will stop the wind, rain and monster crab glug jiuce getting to it. When its full remove the masking tape and put some more on.

I've not put it in practise yet but would this work?

sounds great, I could 'restock' my lure collection with a couple of hours walking the bank with one of these

Has anyone come up with the "Light saber I can screw onto my landing net pole" yet? I want my wagglers back! :help:

I have no worries about leaving bits of line (mono) on the bank if its to short to easily wrap around something.Just snip it up into 1" sections.Cant hurt anything then..........................unlike all those people (who will no doubt condemn me) who put long lengths into a rubbish bag,take it home,put it in the bin where it ends up being taken to a dump where its emptied just for thousands of birds and other creatures to get caught up in!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I have no worries about leaving bits of line (mono) on the bank if its to short to easily wrap around something.Just snip it up into 1" sections.Cant hurt anything then..........................unlike all those people (who will no doubt condemn me) who put long lengths into a rubbish bag,take it home,put it in the bin where it ends up being taken to a dump where its emptied just for thousands of birds and other creatures to get caught up in!

I burn it in an old tobacco tin with my Fag lighter on the bank, then put the mess that’s left in with the bag of rubbish I seem to generate each trip. (That then goes home or in the nearest bin)

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"