Plaice at Horton

My fishing has been on the back burner for this year due to the cold and a few minor hicups with my well being. But I was determined to get started and my good friends Roger and Bernard were prepared to support me so of we set to Horton with a strong cold northerly wind blowing and a very small tide chasing the first plaice of the season.

The advatage of Horton is it's south facing beach putting the wind behind you with shelter from the hills.

2010_05030004.jpg

It was two overcoats warmer down on the beach :D

Our aim was to fish the flood to high water around 2230, Roger was first in with a nice dab.

2010_05030012.jpg

I followed with the target species unfortunately not quite in size so back it went.

2010_05030013.jpg

Roger sneaked in with a small whiting and then Bernard finished off with two more under size plaice.

2010_05030015.jpg

This little fellow realy got us going it hit Bernards rig like a good size bass, one hell of a bite for a minnow.

2010_05030016.jpg

That one ended our day, well exhausted after our four hour session I was pleased to return home happy that we had our target plaice all though a touch on the small side, will try and return on a bigger tide soon.

2010_05030008.jpg

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

It was a very nice evening session Ken. As usual great report and picyures. Should remind everyone that the car park closes at 2000.

• 2 weeks later...
My fishing has been on the back burner for this year due to the cold and a few minor hicups with my well being. But I was determined to get started and my good friends Roger and Bernard were prepared to support me so of we set to Horton with a strong cold northerly wind blowing and a very small tide chasing the first plaice of the season.

The advatage of Horton is it's south facing beach putting the wind behind you with shelter from the hills.

2010_05030004.jpg

It was two overcoats warmer down on the beach :D

Our aim was to fish the flood to high water around 2230, Roger was first in with a nice dab.

2010_05030012.jpg

I followed with the target species unfortunately not quite in size so back it went.

2010_05030013.jpg

Roger sneaked in with a small whiting and then Bernard finished off with two more under size plaice.

2010_05030015.jpg

This little fellow realy got us going it hit Bernards rig like a good size bass, one hell of a bite for a minnow.

2010_05030016.jpg

That one ended our day, well exhausted after our four hour session I was pleased to return home happy that we had our target plaice all though a touch on the small side, will try and return on a bigger tide soon.

2010_05030008.jpg

Well done on getting out there and grabbing some Plaice. I was just wondering where to go fishing next week, it looks like Horton could be the Plaice then.

Regards Micky (loughor).