Should there be more money put into fishing??

me

NathaN:

Should there be more money put into fishing??

Should there be more money put into looking after fishing lakes?? :confused:

Actually Nathan, there are billions of pounds put into fishing each year. I suspect that apart from the tackle trade side, a vast ammount goes into administration via the EA, NAA (staff wages, paperwork, cost of offices, assetts), and thousands of angling clubs and associations. Rental of waters, rates, insurance, cost of accomodation for meetings, transport, etc.

After all this is taken out of the kitty, there is very little left to actually do anything for the end of the angling chain - the angler - that is why so many angling organisations only exist because of voluteer effort.

If we paid more for our fishing, more people would have to be employed to spend it and others to check on those who spent it and create more paperwork. :(

Brian

Please help conserve the European Freshwater eel

- return all eels alive to the water.

- Join the European Eel Anglers Association

I think that there is one area where money should be put into fishing, and that is by local councils developing fisheries as leisure-facilities. So many teenagers complain about 'having nothing to do' If a lake, or stretch of river were offered with tackle-hire and tuition (this could be very cheap if it used retired volunteers) it might be a success. Our council has spent money on skate parks, cycle-paths and crazy-golf, amongst other things.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Ye! it's like that were i live they built a skate park and now no-one goes on it. Then they built one in the town next to mine. The one there is much bigger so people from my town go to the skate park in the other town. Also there is this place that has a park a small pond and a building which the council spent a lot of money on. Now it never gets used! they could change that into a coarse fishery. But no. They're thinking of putting something else there. :mad: :P

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Nathan, I think you have learnt something.

Namely the harsh reality of life. There is a saying which goes "Don't throw good money at bad" You have given us all perfect examples of this with your local councils exploits.

You never stop learning.