hello all. info on stanton req?

lee61

hello all i got a original stanton and its never been seen b4 by a true gem in the centrepin world such as clive adcock him self. i met with him today and he says the reel is the most rare he has ever seen?

could you please help me in telling more more about it?

it is a original stanton with a swivvel foot for casting its in mint condition and iv nrver owned 1 such as this its pure beautiful craftmans ship at its best.

leelaura44@hotmail.com please help ill email you with the pics to help.

thank you and thanks for this chance to join this great forum.

regards lee. :D

Hi and welcome to Anglers' Net.

I'll move this to the coarse section where more will see it and you should get some good information about that reel.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Lee if you can't post them on here ,if you can send the picture's too me [ steven@fishermen.co.uk ] And i'll post them for all too see ,its possible that the reel pre dates cliff's adcock stanton's and either a rolls royce stanton (not made by cliff but the same basic design) or a origanal 'Reynolds' stanton

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Lee if you can't post them on here ,if you can send the picture's too me [ steven@fishermen.co.uk ] And i'll post them for all too see ,its possible that the reel pre dates cliff's adcock stanton's and either a rolls royce stanton (not made by cliff but the same basic design) or a origanal 'Reynolds' stanton

hello mate i have sent you the pictures and like you say yes it is the pre adcock reel as iv been to see cliff adcock and he says its the original stanton but hes never seen 1 as stanton never made the sidecast so its maybe a 1 off.?

thanks for your help.

hello all i got a original stanton and its never been seen b4 by a true gem in the centrepin world such as clive adcock him self. i met with him today and he says the reel is the most rare he has ever seen?

could you please help me in telling more more about it?

it is a original stanton with a swivvel foot for casting its in mint condition and iv nrver owned 1 such as this its pure beautiful craftmans ship at its best.

leelaura44@hotmail.com please help ill email you with the pics to help.

thank you and thanks for this chance to join this great forum.

regards lee. :D

hello and thank you for your help. regards lee

hello and thank you for your help. regards lee

Here is lee's reel ,having looked at a reynolds stanton i'd say it could be a really early one (pre WW11 ) and if harry reynolds didn't do a swivelling centrepin as a one off ,yours was adapted professionally ,maybe its a rolls royce copy ,harry reynolds made the origanal stantons at home (he worked at stanton engineering .stanton iron works ,ilkeston) which he cast the main parts ,then cleaned them up and fitted them together ,the spools had a classic saucer shape (like two saucers back too back) ,his reels where copied by rolls royce engineers (and sheffied & LEEDS engineers) best of whome was cliff adcock ,harry sadly died in 1968 ,clif adcock took the reynolds reels basic design and improoved upon it ,creating the now legendary adcock stanton. its definatly a unique & quality reel .that would have some collectors in a agitated state .

i like it ,its basic simpicity ,no needless fuss ,a tad heavy by todays standards (hence why people like reynolds,adcock and others added perforations too lighten them)

Picture209.jpg

Picture205.jpg

here is a later reynolds stanton or again possibly a rolls royce copy (no one signed their reels in those days ) ,notice the nicley dove tailled joint on the reel foot ,oh and the shape of the backplate ?

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Here is lee's reel ,having looked at a reynolds stanton i'd say it could be a really early one (pre WW11 ) and if harry reynolds didn't do a swivelling centrepin as a one off ,yours was adapted professionally ,maybe its a rolls royce copy ,harry reynolds made the origanal stantons at home (he worked at stanton engineering .stanton iron works ,ilkeston) which he cast the main parts ,then cleaned them up and fitted them together ,the spools had a classic saucer shape (like two saucers back too back) ,his reels where copied by rolls royce engineers (and sheffied & LEEDS engineers) best of whome was cliff adcock ,harry sadly died in 1968 ,clif adcock took the reynolds reels basic design and improoved upon it ,creating the now legendary adcock stanton. its definatly a unique & quality reel .that would have some collectors in a agitated state .

i like it ,its basic simpicity ,no needless fuss ,a tad heavy by todays standards (hence why people like reynolds,adcock and others added perforations too lighten them)

Picture209.jpg

hello there thanks ever so much for putting my pics up on ere.

i know cliff and have been to see him him just looked in amazment at my reel. iv had lots of nice centre pins but never 1 like this i just dont no what to do with it.

Picture205.jpg

here is a later reynolds stanton or again possibly a rolls royce copy (no one signed their reels in those days ) ,notice the nicley dove tailled joint on the reel foot ,oh and the shape of the backplate ?

an-reply-buttons.jpg
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hi all sorry about the way i quote or reply im just getting to grips with the site ill crak it soon lol and thanks so much about the info you gave to me re the reel.

im trying to look for mayba a fishing auction vintage of course.

all the best regards lee.